Chapter 12

Louis

The whole ride is unusually quiet, and the soft purr of the car engine is the only thing that can be heard. We all have troubled and anxious faces while we threaded the wilderness that will lead us on our target place where our tracker pinpoint the exact location of Shanna's secret hideout.

I feel scared, and quite frankly I don't know how to act. I'm an Alpha, and I've been fighting since I'm still in my teens. But now, it seems that everything I've learned just flew out of the window and the only thing that I can think about is the safety of my mate.

That's why I'm grateful with Josh, as he took upon himself to take care of everything knowing that my mind can't function right now.

"Everything is going to be okay..." My mother exclaim, while she put her small hands over mine.

I whirl my head over her, and smile bitterly. "I hope you're right Mom, because if there's something bad happen to Masha...I don't know what I might do.."

"Don't lose your fate Louis, everything happens for a reason.." She exclaim, with a small smile.

I just nod my head, with a blank look. But I can't fight the fear that slowly creeping inside my heart.

Enough already..

I lose enough people that I care about. Just please...not Masha..not him...

--

Masha

I can still hear Jess grunts while Shanna continued her relentless kicking on him. But I don't look up, as I put my whole concentration on my hands.

The rope tied on my hands felt loose after my continues moving. I can feel stinging pain where the rope scrape me, but I still didn't stop.

"Even you kill me, brother won't still marry you...you..bitch.." I heard Jess cough, weakly.

His breathing is getting weaker, and I'm getting anxious because I'm sure that he's ribs are broken. I need to move fast because if not, there's a possibility that Jess might die.

Then I felt my eyes sting and my heart skip a beat when I felt the rope finally fall off. God, finally...

"He promised me! You stupid bastard! He will never break his promise!"

I looked up when Jess screamed so loud. My heart beats painfully when I saw him lying on the ground, soaked with his own blood.

Its sickening!

But the most sickening is the look in Shanna's face while he look down at Jess. She doesn't even have any hint of regret on her face. The only thing I can see is pure madness.

There's no kindness, nor sympathy. Just wild eyes, haunted by pure evilness...

Even those men. They all look the same. No, they are all the same.

Like what my father always says, humans are the most evil beings. They don't know remorse, nor they are merciful. It's human nature.

That's why, in this kind of life no one can save one's self but he himself.

"You should stop now.." I demand, coldly while I stood up and pop my joints.

Shanna stop, and her body become stiff. The men stop whatever they're doing and whip their head towards me.

They have the same surprised expressions as they look at me with open mouths.

"...Ma..sha..." Jess stutter. And my heart cringe when I saw him completely broken.