Chapter 15

Masha

My eyes widen when I saw Lo's surprised for me. "Wow, this is so amazing.."

Suddenly warm arms wrapped around me. "I love you too, Masha.."

My heart flutter inside my chest and I can feel the immense happiness filled me from within.

Everything is like a dream...

The whole back garden of the palace were transformed into a small makeshift lake. The water is full of floating colored lanterns, which is made from different colored paper and there's also different colored rose petals scattered around.

There is a wooden bridge which is coated by a red carpet, connected to a circular open lanai in the very center of the lake.

The whole lake also has lighting underwater illuminating the whole place, making it glow under the dark starry night.

Lo hold my hand while we walk slowly towards the lanai. He remains quiet, while he gave me time to appreciate the beauty of the whole place.

And its all overwhelming. I can't believe that he would do something like this for me. Its all beyond..beyond everything I've ever imagined.

Glancing up at him I smile softly, thinking that he's really perfect. And I'm lucky to have him.

"What are you thinking about?" He suddenly ask.

"You.." I shamelessly said. My cheeks blush profusely, and I grip his hand tightly with my own.

He chuckle, and smile down at me. " I'm honored to know that you're thinking about me..."

Looking up, my eyes glisten when we finally arrive at the lanai. And like everything else its also beautiful beyond words.

There are scattered rose petals on the floor, a table is on the middle with candles, hot served foods, elegantly arranged plates and a bottle of chilled wine.

"I still have a surprise before we eat..it will not be long now.."

I frown up at him, "What do you m--"

I am cut off by a booming sound that almost make me jump. Looking up, my eyes water when I saw glittering fireworks light up the dark sky. Saying the words that makes my heart skip a beat while a lone tear fall from my eyes.

'I will love you always Masha'

'Forever and ever'

"How do you like it?" Lo whispered, abruptly turning around I throw my arms around his neck and I started crying.

The fireworks sparks around us, and like the dim night my heart also filled with light.

"I love you so much Lo.." I stutter.

"I love you more.."

--

Louis

"I love you more.." I murmur near his ear.

Masha cry out more loudly as he clutch at me like a koala.

I'm in heaven, as I feel him in my arms. And I'm really thankful that he liked what I prepared for him. Just thinking my hardships I've experienced in building this whole place, makes me cringe internally. But seeing him smile now make all the tiredness disappeared. And quite frankly its the best payment I could ever received.

After a while he slowly move away and get down with a bashful face. I smile gently and wipe his cheeks with my fingers.

"Come on baby, the food is waiting.." I slowly stir him on the table and help him to his sit.

"Lo...you told me I'm your mate right..what does that mean?" He suddenly ask, breaking the comfortable silence between us when we started eating.

I put my silverware down and look at him seriously. "It means that we are destined to be together. The Moon Goddess choose you as my mate, the other half of my soul, and my only partner forever and ever.."

His eyes swirl with so much emotion while he stare directly into my eyes. "We're going to be together forever.." He croaked, and I can feel the emotions coating his every words.

"Yes.." I answered, truthfully.

"Even though you don't know me, you are willing to accept me...to be with you forever.." He murmur softly.

I stood up, and walk over him with quickened steps. However, I'm not fast enough as he starts crying again before I can even come to him.

I am sure that everything is already registering on his mind. And I'm aware that he's afraid that I won't accept him if I knew the darkest part of his soul. Because I feel the same. And everyday I can't stop thinking that he will change his mind once he knew my past.

I squatted down and slowly took him in my arms, rubbing his back while murmuring soft loving words.

"I know that you will change your mind once you heard about my past.." He stutter between his sobs.

I brush his hair softly, "Try me.."

He moves away and peers directly in my eyes. Then after a moment he sigh.

"I guess, I really need to tell you huh.."

--

Masha

I lean back on my chair while Lo do the same. I already stop crying, but I still sniffle every now and then.

Everything is so overwhelming for me, making my feelings go in haywire as I broke down emotionally..

"I'm born in Russia and I don't know who are my biological parents were because my mother abandoned me in an orphanage when I'm just an infant..'' I started.

"Unfortunately when I'm just eight a Russian Mafia took an interest in me and kidnapped me, selling me in the black market as a sex slave. Its hurt to say but I'm not what you think I am, I'm not pure nor I'm innocent.." My voice starts to quiver while I look down on my lap.

I yelp in surprise when Lo suddenly haul my body and laid me in his lap. "It's okay Masha...everything is just fine.." he softly cooed in my ear.

I breathed a mouthful of air and start again, "I experienced a lot of unimaginable things when I'm still a slave. And I really can't tell you the complete story about it. But judging by the scars you've seen all over my body, I'm sure you can tell what kind of hell I've experienced before."

I feel him tightened his arms on my waist while he softly sniffle behind me. I let out a sigh, and pat his hands.

"But on my 12th birthday I luckily found a way to escape. However it doesn't become easy, as my life turn to worse. The streets were not as forgiving like the men I've known all my life. And in my third day in the street a man found me nearly dying, who completely change my life forever."

Lo remain quiet while I continue opening up on him. He didn't comment nor he gave sugar coated comforting words. But once in a while he will tightened his hold on me and cry for my pains. Giving me the strength to go on.

"He is the one, who teach me everything about life. And the one who I came to know as my father. And the one who introduced me the world, that I have right now."

I wiggle out of his grasp and look at him directly. This is it. I am about to tell him the deepest secret that I'm sure will change everything about us. I'm aware that he might change his mind about me once I told him, but if he's really serious in accepting me then everything will be just fine.

Hopefully....

"I'm a hired assassin, Lo."

____________________________________________