Chapter 52

Andrei's devilish smirk turn into a full blown laugh when they finally overtake the car they're chasing. They were in the middle of the highway and its still daytime but it didn't stop him from telling Rayne to stopped driving. And Rayne obediently did as he was told. Though he did stop it... in the middle of the god damn road.

Then the car they were chasing screeched to a halt. Even the cars next to it. And the another one behind it. There are angry voices. Some people started shouting profanities, but it didn't stop Andrei from stepping out of the car, like a total badass character in a movie, wearing his signature black suit with matching black shades. And then without any care of his sorroundings he took out his gun and shot the first man who suddenly comes out from 'that' car.

What happened next is something he knew will happen. The angry voices before turn to whimper and fearful screaming. But Andrei did not mind them. There's only one thing in his mind.

He started walking over the car. And he shot everyone who's brave enough to step outside. Until no more people comes out.

Then it becomes silent.

Ever since he started shooting people, every single person who were in the vicinity had long fled to safety. Andrei and Rayne were the only one left. And of course the person he wanted to catch.

Ever since he learned that there was someone out there who is probably the same as him, Andrei longed to meet that person. That's why he's pretty excited right now.

But what he saw when he opened the car's door was something he never expected to see..

*******************************

Louis

I'm frustrated. I don't know what to do. I know that Masha needs me right now but how can I choose him, if my pack is facing its own demise in this moment.

Looking far ahead, I don't know if we can make it. Hundreds of wolves and human alike are marching towards our territory without even hiding their presence. They were confident in their ability to crushed us, I knew that's the message they wanted to send us. And it's working. I can feel the pressure, and I can feel the pack's growing fear as they slowly approach us.

"Josh, go. Bring my family to safety and protect them."

I can see how reluctant Josh is. "But, Lo-"

I cut him off. I know what he wanted to say, but I don't want to hear it. I already made up my mind. Maybe Masha being kidnapped is a blessing in its own way, at least he's not here. He will be safe. Although I knew its a wishful thinking in my part but I knew him. Whatever happens he will surely find a way to survive. But as the Alpha I can't be selfish. I'm needed here. I have to fight for my pack.

"Josh, please, understand."

Josh whimpers before nodding, slowly he turned around and run back to the pack house. I watched him. And my heart slowly crumbles when I remembered Masha.

My sweet Masha. My sweet beautiful boy. My mate. My love. Don't forget. I Belong to You. Till death do us part.

Murmuring softly to the wind, I took a long drag of breath and face the impending doom of our pack. Bracing myself. I took a step. And then we run. Crying our hearts out. Thirsting for their blood. They're the enemy. And even though they outnumbered us. I will still fight till my last breath.

******************************

Keanu looks back, and felt the soft thump of a heart beat. Someone is there. Watching. He can feel the magic. The embers of power long forgotten. He don't know why but he's scared. Whatever it is. Its dark. And evil.

Hopefully, Masha is alright.

He don't know why but he's getting worried about his son. He should be okay there. He's with the most powerful pack in America, there's no way he would get hurt. But something is telling him to go back. That they're in danger.

"What's wrong?"

Keanu look over, and smiled at the boy besides him. He sure felt lucky that Mickey is willing to mate with him. Even though they have an age gap he's still wanted to try to be with him.

"I don't know why, but I think we need to go back. I am afraid that something bad had happened with Masha."

He didn't say anything. And even everybody else didn't make a fuss. They trusted my words. And I'm thankful for that, because even I don't know what to say. It's just a weird feeling and I don't know how to explain it. I just hope were not too late.

*******************************

Masha

When I heard the first shot. I felt relieved. But when it continued on, I suddenly suspected that somehow, something seems not right.

The rythm is different. The shooter is someone I don't know. And as an assassin that's giving me weird signals. That whoever it is that killing our kidnappers is someone more dangerous. Someone I knew I can't fight head on with my current condition.

First thing first, I need to get away from here. Looking over Toni, I'm not surprised with the look on his face. It seems that he knew too. Nodding, he started working with the ropes tying his hand. Swiftly like a total pro, he dislocate his wrist and and take out his other hand, then the other. Putting his dislocated wrist rightly. He started untying the ropes binding his feet then he turn to me. He lifted his brows when he saw I'm already free from my bindings.

"What? I don't have to wait for you, right? We were running out of time. Let's go."

"Yeah. Yeah. You don't have to be sassy with me." Clicking his tongue he slowly open the door. When we saw that the shooter is busy shooting our remaining captors we didn't waste any more time. Urging my aching body I followed Toni. I needed to go back. Louis. I can feel that something is wrong with him. I am still learning how to be half werewolf so I don't know how to communicate with him telepathically. Still, the growing uneasiness within me only means that Louis is probably in trouble. I just hope that I can make it.

But when I heard a loud explosion behind us. I don't know what to feel anymore.

"Don't look back, Masha. Just run!!!"

I don't know what Toni is planning. But I just did that.

I run. I run. And I keep on running....

*******************************