Chapter 37

Masha

Darkness....

Just darkness..

"Am I still alive?" I loudly murmur, waiting for someone to answer me back. Even though I knew that I'm completely alone, there is still a part of me wishing that there is someone out there. That can hear my voice.

"Louis..."

His name is the first thing that came over my mind when I open my eyes, a couple of minutes ago. Minutes? Maybe. I'm still not sure. Time is something I don't have any clue on what is. Well, I actually don't have any idea in almost everything that's been happening to me since I fainted.

As I'm lying while darkness is the only thing that I can see, I think and ponder on what is really happening to me. But nothing came. It seems that everything doesn't make sense at all. And I don't know what to think anymore.

I do know that I'm still alive. Somewhat. Instinctively. Maybe, being an assassin for almost four years gave me enough experience, to know that my body is still alive.

Although I can not move my limbs nor, I can hear my heart, I'm still sure that some way or another, I am alive.

Actually, it happened to me before..

My mind came back on that moment, when I'm still eleven and a big mission landed on my lap.

The man who found me that fateful night in that dark alley, (where I'm hiding when I escaped the 'bastard' that bought me from the black market to be his sex slave) took me in and trained me to be the same as him. An assassin.

A lot might raise their brows and contradict how my life ended. But I never regretted being one.

We might be killing people. But not practically just anyone. After all our group are not some cheap murdering brigade. Or silly mercenaries that will kill anyone, who has a bounty on their head. And we are absolutely not some downgraded fools that terrorizing some groups for petty cash.

We are much more..

Our group, is a secret agency founded by the government of U.S.A. And our job is to kill, groups or individuals that is highly dangerous not just for the American's sake but also for everyone all over the world...

We are called as sweepers by some. Others know as the death bringer. And in the Underworld we are known as the erasers.

It might sound different, but it only means the same. We are killers. Just as simple as that.

But anyway, getting back on my story when I'm still eleven.

Actually, its not my first job. On that time, I already have a fare share of kills. However, that mission is the most dangerous that I would be doing so far.

My target is a small ship coming from China towards South America.

The mission is to kill everyone boarded on the ship.

I planned everything, even thinking to sink the ship in the vast ocean after I killed everyone. But when I discovered that the ship is full of something I am not expecting. I panicked. And that almost got me killed.

Thankfully, I was saved by Boss, Lee and Mikee.

Although, I failed doing my job. I know that I will never forget what I saw that night.

The ship is being used to transport illegal immigrants from Asia to U.S.A. You might find that a fact. A thing that always happen now a days.

But its not as simple as that, if you are seeing them being feast on by demons...