Chapter 45

Masha

"Don't stop loving me."

Those words bug me to no end. I don't know what he meant. Did I say anything that made him say those words? Did I do something that lead him to think that I hated him? Did something happen to him that I don't know about?

Why? What's wrong with him? Why did he say it? What is he thinking?

I just don't understand...

Uncontrollable dark thoughts plague my mind as I watched everything to take place. When Louis were brought into the main house. When they start patching him up. When everyone started crying, shouting, and blaming one another... Until, they brought him here in this room. A private room, reserved for the family of the Alpha..

Hours alread passed, and the others were already gone, but I'm still in here, locked in daze. Standing at the far side of the room, completely alone. My mind is in total chaos, and the only thing that I can think about are the last words that Louis said before he fainted.

I lift my head, and look at the man who become a big part of my life. And for once, since I got here my mind start functioning. My limbs start moving, and I can speak again.. "Louis..."

My voice is shaking, and my throat is scartchy. And its painful to even utter a single word. But it didn't stop my legs from slowly moving towards his bed. I'm a bit wobbly but for me it doesn't matter. I just wanted to be near him... I miss Louis so much..

I breathed heavily when I get a closer look at him. My hands start shaking, and my lips quiver..

Seeing him closely, broke me. Piece by piece, I can feel my heart shattering. Its painful. So fucking hurts, that I'm almost drowning from the pain.

My knees grew weak, and before I knew it I'm already slumped on the floor. Tears are falling down my chin, and I started crying.

I already promised to myself, that I need to be stronger. But right now, how can I be, if it hurts to see him like this. I know its inevitable because of the war. But actually seeing him, unconscious, full of bruised, cuts and deep gashes let me realized how worst it is.

The guilt is eating me. Everyone mights say that its not my fault, but I can't help to think that its my fault. Thinking that maybe if I'm not here, then there would be no war, and he wouldn't have to suffer.

That if we didn't met, then he would still be well..

A burst of pain suddenly struck my belly. With a heavy groan, and still shaking hands I brought it on my stomach. Warmth fill my hands, as the skin touch my still covered belly, and a small smile make way on my lips.

I'm so stupid...

I do not have the right to complain now. Or question every hurdle that will going to come our way. I already knew before hand that loving someone like Louis won't be easy. Our feelings will be tested in every way unimaginable. And a lot more hardships will arrive to break us apart. That's why I have to stop crying. Because I'm not the only one who's hurting..
"That's right, hmm babies?" I asked, in a soft murmur while rubbing my slightly swollen belly.

My eyes rolled on the back of my head as I felt another jolt of pain. "Damn babies! Just a small pinch will do, you dong have to kick me so hard.. Ugh, I don't even want to think what kind of Alphas your gonna be... Ouch!!" I suddenly cry out, when another pain hit me. "Crap, sorry babies.. Daddy is only joking.. I want to know already. God, I even wanted to see you guys.. I can't hardly wait..''

I guess, that do the trick because the pain finally stop. Sometimes I really forgot that I'm pregnant, but damn, can they really understand what I'm saying? Then I flinched, when I felt another wave of pain.. I think that answers it..

With a heavy groan, I pull myself and slowly stood up. Sweats formed near my temple, as I hobble near Louis bed. Stopping on his bedside, I gently grab his hand and squeeze it on my smaller ones.

"Get well soon, Lo. We're waiting for you.."

Then to my horror, another pain hit me again...

----------------------

Louis

Darkness...

Never ending darkness..

I do not know since when, but ever since I opened my eyes, everything that I can only see is darkness.

I can't move my limbs, nor I can utter a word. I'm helpless, alone, and weak.

I think I'm forgetting something, but I don't remember what is it, although I can feel that I knew it somehow.

"Lo.." A voice startled me. Then I heard it again. I don't know why, but I think the voice is calling me. I felt lightheaded, as memories assaulted my head. I become dizzy, and everything turn blurry. Fast paces of broken pictures, run over and over inside my head, like playing a distorted movie. Nauseous filled me, while I fought myself from throwing up.

Stop. Please someone stop this..

That's what I can only think, as the ache in my head become unbearable. Everything is spinning, and I can feel myself getting weaker at every seconds.. I'm almost ready to pass out when the ache suddenly stop at the same time the broken pictures inside my head stop too.

Then one by one the broken pictures become whole. And piece by piece it arrange everything back, for him to learn. The memories came flooding back, as the burst of emotion lit a flame in my chest. The hopelesness that I felt a moment ago, slowly diminished. And a strong emotion took hold of my heart. As I remembered everything. Especially, him. Masha.

"Masha.."

I groan. And pull my arms, but to no avail. I still can't move my body. "What I'm going to do now?"

I attempted to move my arms again, but still nothing. "Fuck! What the hell happened to me?" He cry out. "Okay, I can talk now. But seriously, I'm sure that I'm in a clearing just a while ago, fighting with Jensen and his stupid minions, then how the hell I manage to come here? And where the heck is this place!? Ugh!"

Then I suddenly stop rambling when I heard my name being called. And that voice.. That voice I'm sure that its him... I am sure of it!

"Masha!"

--------------------

Masha

"You're okay?" Joseph asked out of the blue as he came in. I turn my head and look at him.

"Yeah.."

He sigh, and slowly padded over me with a blank and stoic face. "The Elders are looking for you."

I grimaced, while my heart skip a beat. Just great! Another problem for us. "Did they say why?"

"No. But I know that you can guess what they wanted to talk about."

"True. But do they have to say it now. Louis is still unconscious. I think that whatever they decided to do to me, Louis has a right to be there to hear it."

"They already know that. And believe me, Louis are going to be in rage once he heard it, but we don't have a choice. If we don't do something about it now, another pack might attack us again."

I take a shaky deep breath and turn my attention to Louis unconscious face, again. "You're right. Sorry, I'm just scared." I exclaimed. "But don't worry, for this pack, and as Louis Luna, I will do everything I can to protect everyone."

I stand, and about to walk away but stop. I came back at Lo's bedside, lean down and gave Louis a small peck on the cheek. "I'll be back, Lo. Just wait for me.."

I'm on my third step, when I suddenly stop altogether. Joseph, behind me let out a loud gasp. Then my body starts shaking. Tears that I thought already dried, came gushing down from my eyes.

And I almost die when I heard a raspy and familiar voice. "Your not going anywhere without me, my Luna.."

"Lo...

And it seems that I'm not the only one who's happy, when I felt a jolt of pain burst from my belly.

Ugh! Not again..

_________________________________