Chapter 46: It's Not Love

Carolina's POV

"They sound… terrible?" I kind of asked as me and Val were sitting at the kitchen table, eating brownies.

"Yeah, the sound pretty bad." she agreed. "Maybe they're tired or something?"

"Tired? At eleven in the morning?" I raised my eyebrow at her. "They're probably high on something…" I stated. 

The guys have been practicing extremely hard for the past week. And none of us knew why. Maybe they were trying to come up with more songs or maybe they were about to record a demo again, since the last time they've sent it, they never got the answer back. Either way, we saw them rarely during the day. Maybe it was a good thing - I didn't have to face Brian and his weird looks towards me. And Michelle wasn't around for much of the time. It kind of let me relax a bit. 

"Hello!" someone plopped into the seat between me and Val. 

"Beck?" me and Val said at the same time. 

"How the fuck he got in?" she looked at me, waiting for me to explain.

"I don't even… I can't explain. It's supernatural." I shrugged, munching on my brownie. 

"The doors weren't locked, so I let myself in." he answered, taking the sweet, too. 

"And you here because…" I looked at him questioningly. 

"I am here because I wanted to ask if you're free this  afternoon." he said, turning to face me. I could see Valary wiggle her eyebrows at me and I threw the brownie at her. She needs to clean that dirty mind of hers.

"FUCK!" Brian yelled, as the door to the garage swung open and five guys came in, sour looks on their faces. Matt hurried to Valary's side and sat on her lap, which wasn't pleasant for her. 

"Went that great?" I asked, smirking. Zacky slowly made his way to me and sat next, starting to cry dramatically as he squeezed the living fuck out of me. Soon, rest of the guys joined the table, rubbing their faces in despair. 

"Look, I know the rehearsal wasn't exactly… good but it'll get better. You just need to concentrate more." I tried to lift the mood, but I failed miserably as it seems to piss off Brian. As always. 

"Oh, so you think we don't concentrate enough? Is that what you sayin'?" he snapped.

"Here it comes…" I sighed. 

"Just because we sucked, according to you, that doesn't mean we don't put enough effort into it! You don't know what it's like to have a motherfucking pressure on your shoulders as you try your best to get ready for the tour!" he yelled, his eyes darkening as he pierced me with his stare. 

A tour?

"A tour?" Val voiced my thoughts, turning to Matt. 

"…Yeah. We wanted to make it a surprise, but Mr. Hot-head over there blew everything up." he motioned to still pissed off Brian. 

"SURPRISE!" Jimmy yelled out, making everyone cringe. 

"Jimmy, shut the fuck up. Seriously." Brian rubbed his temples. 

"Whoa, what got your dick in a twist?" Jimmy rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything else after. We all knew why Brian was so bitchy - it's Beck. The fact that Beck started hanging out with the gang pissed him off every time he saw him.

"What tour you're going at?" Beck asked, stealing my brownie.

"Hey! Bastard, give my brownie back!" I whined, trying to snatch it out of his hands.