Chapter 19: The Truth

Carolina's POV

I quickly sat up straight as I heard alarm annoyingly beep next to my head. I rubbed my eyes and ran my fingers through my tangled hair. The alarm started to beep again, so I slammed my hand to shut it the hell up. I sighed deeply. There was still no news from Valary or Michelle. I was beyond worried. Their parents seems to be a little too calm. I mean, shouldn't parents be freaking out, calling police, sending a search party or something? Or is it normal to be totally relaxed? Either way, I was not calm, I was freaking out. 

I climbed out of the bed, grabbed fresh clothes and went to the bathroom. I had I quick shower, and applied a little bit of makeup. I was not in a mood for anything right now. I grabbed my stuff and exited the bathroom. As I walked the hall, totally spaced out, I bumped into something hard. I looked up and saw Chris getting up from the floor. 

"How did you managed to make me fall onto the ground?" he asked as he dusted himself off. I didn't wait for anything and immediately grabbed him by his collar, yanking him to my level and narrowing my eyes. He looked at me wide-eyed and waited for my next move.

"Can anyone tell me, where the fuck Vally and Chelle disappeared?! They're missing for three days, no one knows where they are, they don't pick up their cell phones, their parents are absolutely calm, you too, and I'm the only one, besides Jim and Matt, freaking out here!" I whispered harshly. He slowly detached my hands from his collar and took a step back. 

"Okay, first of all, please don't use any violence on me, I'm a human being and I have rights." he said. I rolled my eyes. This beating around the bush annoyed me beyond the line. "Secondly, I'm not allowed to tell you. Yet." he took one more step back and bumped into the wall behind him. 

"So, you know where they are." I accused him. He nodded. "But you're not allowed to tell me, because they ordered you to?" I asked. He nodded again. I let out a sight of annoyance. "Nevermind." I said and walked into my room. I violently grabbed my bag and walked down stairs. Debbie and Nick were nowhere to be found, so I assumed they were at work already. I grabbed a toast and a glass of orange juice. This was my breakfast. Not that I was lazy to make some, I was just not in the mood, as I said before. 

I walked outside and decided to walk to school. It was a long way, but I needed to get some fresh air. It's the second month here in America, and I'm already getting disturbed by everything. I'm getting a little aggressive and bitchy, too. I don't know, what came over me, but it's surely not good. I just wanted to ditch everything and run somewhere. I wanted to clean my mind. I wanted to find a natural place and look at the scenery, not worry about everything. 

I walked a good thirty minutes, 'till I reached the school. I had ten more minutes before the first period. As soon as stepped into the territory, I became annoyed by every human, that was there. 

"HEY, KAY-PIE! OVER HERE!" Jimmy yelled, waving his hands like a maniac. I pretended I didn't saw it and continued heading to the main building, my head down, my hands in my pockets. 

I heard heavy footsteps behind me and the next thing I know, I was literally dragged to the our usual spot, where we gathered before the first periods. Jimmy stopped and nicely fixed me. 

"Here, now we're all good." he smiled at me. I just kept my blank look. His face felt, when I didn't return the smile. Then he began to poke me. Painfully. 

"Kay, what's wrong?" he asked softly. 

"Nothing's wrong. Just leave me alone." I snapped at him. After his look became hurt, I started to regret my words. I didn't mean to throw my anger at him. I sighed and my look softened.