Chapter 18: Worried

Carolina’s POV

I woke up next morning happy. Me and Brian are finally back to being friends. I didn’t felt awkward around him even tho’ we had crazy stuff going on in the past. I just couldn’t feel awkward around Brian. I don’t know what it is, but I couldn’t.

I made my bed quickly, grabbed fresh clothes and ran to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. I put on some eyeliner and mascara and exited the bathroom. It was too quiet for an early Monday morning. The twins at this hour would be getting up, groaning and complaining about getting at this unholy hour. I grabbed my messenger’s bag from my room and climbed down the stairs. Debbie and Nick were sitting at the table, having breakfast and Chris was leaning against the counter, eating sandwich.

“Oh, good morning, dear!” Debbie greeted me. “What do you want for breakfast?”

“Morning. I’ll just have some cereal. I’m not really hungry.” I smiled. She nodded her head and continued chatting with her husband. The girls were definitely not at home. I grabbed a bowl with ‘Lucky Charms’ in it and poured milk all over the cereal. I quickly ate, said my goodbye’s and exited the house.

I hadn’t talked with Zacky for three days and I didn’t know how should I face him. I was still disappointed in his actions. And I still felt guilty. I sighed deeply as I walked the pavement. After yesterday, Zacky wasn’t trying to contact me anymore. Maybe, he decided to give up on us. I was afraid. Afraid, that I ruined things between Zacky and me, with my coldness and ignorance towards him. On the other hand, I behaved exactly the same with Brian, but we made up. I needed to stop thinking for once.

I took my phone out and dialed Valary’s number. It beeped couple of minutes, but no one picked it up. Then I tried calling Michelle, but her phone was off, or dead. It was strange. Twins was never late.

 Suddenly, a car pulled up in front of me, as I tried to cross the street. A window rolled down and Zacky’s face appeared. I sighed in relief.

“You need a ride?” he smiled lightly. I smiled back and opened the passenger’s door. I climbed in and he sped off. The ride was awkwardly silent. He wanted to say something, but everytime he opened his mouth, he immediately shut it.

We arrived at the school. We both made our way into the school territory. I spotted Matt with his girlfriend and couple of other guys sitting under the tree and immediately headed his way.

“Hey, Matt,” I started. “Do you know, where’s Val and Chelle are? They were not at home this morning and I tried calling them, too.” I said. He shrugged his shoulders and assured me, they were fine. I was not convinced, to say at least. It was not typical of them to be M.I.A.

I turned round and saw Zacky lost in his mind, debating something. I tapped on his shoulder to get his attention. He snapped out of it and looked me in the eyes.

“Zack, you were trying to say something all the way to the school and now, you spaced out.”

“I need to tell you something.” he sighed and took my hands in his. “I am so fucking sorry, for what I have done. I’m stupid, motherfucking idiot, who has problems and I will understand if you never wanted to speak with me again or if you dumped me right now.” he rattled. “But I just want to know, will you think about forgiving me?” he looked at me with those light green eyes, full of hope and sincerity.

“Zacky, what you did was beyond what I expected.” I looked at him. He sighed and rubbed his face. He was not happy after my first words. “I never thought, you would do that to your best friend.” The memories of that night ran through my mind. That night, I saw someone else in Zacky. I didn’t know whether I should forgive him and give him a second chance, or leave as it is.