Chapter 8: Quality Time

It was Friday evening. Finally the worst week of my life had passed. I have never been like this in my life. I always had a good time with my friends at school, even tho‘ the classes were difficult. But here... Here I was nothing, I was in the lowest social class, I was an outcast, I was another brick in the wall.

I was curently laying in my bed. Feeling horrible. All I wanted to do was cry. Melanie wasn‘t joking when she said that I‘m gonna pay the consequences. I already payed some of them. My whole body hurt, I had a busted lip and nail scratches on my collar bones.

“Hey,” someone greeted me quietly. I my eyes were closed and I laid still. I was afraid that if I moved I would feel strong pain. “Are you asleep?”

“No.” my voice was scratchy from crying. The bed shifted next to me. I felt I hand on my arm. I slowly opened my eyes. Zacky was looking at my sympathetically.

“You look better than earlier today.” he tried to make the atmosphere less depressing. “The guys are downstairs. Are you will be able to get down there? They really want to see you.” he said.

“Probably.” I said. “Let me just sit up.” I tried to do it, but it was really painful. Zacky saw my struggle and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me up. He pulled a little bit too strong and I end up in his embrace. His green eyes were looking at mine with gentelness.

“Does it really hurt?” he breathed out, his lips dangerously close to mine. I was unable to reply, not sure why, so I just nodded my head, never breaking the eye contact. “Let me help you to stand up.” he snapped out of it and carefully placed me on my feet.

We made our way downstairs with no conversation. It was hard for me to move, let alone walk. I was beaten up pretty bad. I didn’t want to go back to school , because I know this was just a beginning. It’s gonna be way worse than that.

“Hey, look who’s here.” Valary quietly said, sympathy evident in her eyes. Soon everyone was following my every move. I walked into the living room and carefully sat on the sofa next to Jimmy. His eyes held both sympathy and anger.

“How could she do that to her?” he asked no one in particular. He carefully wrapped his arms around me and held close. He hid his face in my hair and kept quiet. No one said a word. There was a deadly silence.

I looked at everyone else. Matt was lost in his thoughts, frowning; Zacky was trying to burn a hole in the wall; Valary was sighing and kept her eyes focused on the floor; Michelle did pretty much the same as her sister. When I looked at Brian, he was looking at me, sadness, guiltiness and anger in his eyes. It’s funny, how almost one week ago he was ignoring me and finally wanted to do nothing with me, didn’t care about me at all.

*Flashback*

“Are you okay?” the person asked.

“Yeah, I’m good.” I said.

“I’m sorry, I accidentally heard some parts of your conversation.” he  admitted. “I didn’t mean to.”

“Everything’s fine. And I’m okay, too. You don’t need to worry.” I breathed. But I was not okay. For some reason, I wasn’t.

Damien looked at me sympathetically and hugged.

“So why are you all alone in the park?” he asked.

“Oh, I’m not. The guys brought me here to ‘celebrate’ the last day of the summer.” I used air quotes. It wasn’t celebrating, it was more of a ‘let’s get wasted and pass out in the cold’ kinda thing.