Chapter 29: Over

Brian's POV

I was leaning against my dad's car, at the Huntington High parking lot. The students flowed out of the school as the bell rang rapidly. I spotted Kay and Jimmy walk out of the building, laughing at something. Matt and Valary were following them, being all mushy and stuff. Zack was nowhere to be seen, as always. 

I don't understand why Carolina is not dumping his ass. Yeah, he's my best friend, but he's a real man whore. He just can't find a steady girlfriend. He always wants a new chick after two weeks passed. 

Kay and his relationship was the longest he has ever had. But he already cheated on her. And she forgave him. He's a good guy, but he has some serious commitment issues. 

Finally, Zack appeared, with Jenna by his side, holding her hand. He led her to his car, pushing her against it, and sticking his tongue down her throat. Is he stupid or what? Kay was here, and she could see this any moment. And his ass would be handed to him. 

I looked at her. She laughed loudly at one of the Jimmy's jokes, her white teeth showing off. I secretly smiled. But soon her smile faded, her eyes getting clouded by disappointment. She saw it. 

Kay shook her head slightly and started walking towards Zacky. He was really stupid. Fuck, who kissed a chick in front of his girlfriend? No one. She stopped right in front of them, crossing her arms on her chest. 

I couldn't hear what they were talking about, but the actions told everything. She didn't yell, she didn't slap, she didn't do anything, that would cause a scene. She just talked calmly, composed and Zacky was shifting from one position to other, feeling uncomfortable, while Jenna was looking down at the ground in shame. 

Zack tried to say something, but Kay shook her head, smiling sadly. She said something, that made Jenna raise her head and look at her in disbelief. Carolina touched her shoulder lightly, smiling. Then she hugged her and Zack, and walked away. 

Jimmy's, Matt's and Valary's mouths were open, and eyes wide. They couldn't believe, what just happened. Jimmy asked her something and Kay just shrugged. 

"Hey, baby." Melanie purred into my ear seductively, running her fake nails down my chest. I kissed her lips, but the feeling was sickening me. It was nothing compared to Kay. I couldn't look at any other girl, except Carolina. I was whipped. Big time. I could do anything for her. 

I caught a glance of Kay trying not to make a face at me and Melanie. Fuck, why I was so stupid, and started dating Melanie? Exactly now, was the perfect opportunity to show Carolina, how much I care about her, be there for her... But I let that opportunity slip away. Now, I was stuck with egoistical whore by my side, which wants to do nothing with me, only fuck. I'm an idiot. 

"Hey, dude!" Jimmy waved to me. I started walking into his direction, Melanie tagging along. I man hugged Jim, Matt and Zack, even tho' I wanted to kick Zack's ass. 

"You coming to the practice, right?" Matt asked, wrapping his hands around Val's waist, making her smile warmly at him. 

"Yeah." I nodded my head. 

"You're in a band?" Melanie batted her eyelashes at me. It wasn't cute at all. Wait, did I just use the word 'cute'? "Can I come, too?" she played with the strand of my hair. I just wanted to get her hands of me. I nodded my head. Kay looked at her with disgust and glanced at me. Our eyes locked for a second and then she fixed her gaze into distance. 

I knew, she couldn't stand Melanie's presence and it was making me feel guilty. I needed to come up with the plan, how to break things up with Mel. I didn't like her and I was miserable with her.