Chapter 11: Misunderstandings

I was currently in the kitchen, holding three ’Ben & Jerry’s Peanut Butter Cup’ flavored ice-cream cartons and taking a pack of tissues. I heard a loud sob coming from the living room, so I moved a little faster to the place. It was Thursday, so I had a pile of homework to do, make a final decision and on top of that, deal with this depression.

“Here you go.” I handed the ice-cream to Val and Chelle. I made myself comfortable next to Chelle on the one of many blankets that were scattered along with pillows across the living room. Valary quietly ate her ice-cream and kept her eyes focused on the floor. I couldn’t take this silence anymore. The sadness and depression was hanging in the air.

“Val,” I softly said. She raised her eyes up. “what happened?” She looked at me for several more seconds and then started to cry loudly. Chelle and I jumped out of our seats and crawled to hug her. Something bad happened and she’s not telling us. I grabbed the tissues and handed to her. She sobbed a little and after she calmed down a bit, she started to talk.

“I…I was supposed to meet Damien at…at theCentral Parkthis afternoon.” she let out a sob. “He said, he wanted to say something important.” she took the carton of ice-cream and started to eat contents slowly. “I was a little bit early, like I always am. I like to be punctual, not late. I hate to be late.” she rambled.

“Valary, tell us what happened.” Chelle pleaded softly.

“Right, sorry.” Vally sighed. “So I was entering the Park and I saw Damien in the distance. I wanted to go to him and all that shit, but I saw him with some other girl.” she took a scoop of her ice-cream. I and Chelle sighed at the same time. We had an idea what was about to come next. “At first, I thought that she’s some kind of friend or something, ‘cause I’m an optimist and I don’t want to jump into conclusions.” she continued. “I was probably like three feet away, when it… it happened!” she burst into tears, her whole body shaking. Both, me andMichfrowned. When Valary stopped crying, I laid my head in her shoulder and she continued the story.

“He hugged her and grinned like an idiot and then he kissed her on the cheek! KISSED HER!!!” the tears rolled down her cheeks. I couldn’t believe what I’ve heard. He kissed some chick, when he had Valary. That douche bag. I knew it. I knew, something was wrong with him. This was a great chance for Matt. I stood up and went into the hall to take my hoodie.

“Where are you going?” I heard a faint voice ask me.

“To clear things up.” I replied and left the house. The boy’s gonna be in real bad condition, when I’ll be done with him. I knew where he lived and, thank God, I knew my way around this neighborhood. I took my cell out of my pocked and dialed Matt’s number.

Hey, what’s up?” he asked, Payton’s giggle was heard in the background along with the other guys.

“What the hell is going on there?” I asked. “I hope you’re not drinking, ‘cause I need you all sober. Well, except the whore.” I said.

HEY! She’s my girlfriend!” Matt replied angrily.

“Girlfriend my ass. She’s a decoy.” I rolled my eyes. “Anyways, I’m heading to Damien’s right now, but I need you, guys, to go to Val’s house now.”

What happened? Is she okay?

“Apparently not. What Val said, Damien cheated on her with some chick, so I’m about to find out the truth.”

HE DID WHAT?! THAT SON OF A BITCH! COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKER!” Matt cursed loudly.

“Just go to her and comfort her, okay? I’ll be back in a half an hour.” I sighed.