Chapter 21: Hospital

Brian's POV

Looking at your best friend laying in a hospital bed is terrifying. Me, Zacky and Carolina were in his room, waiting for him to wake up. No, he wasn't in coma, he had a simple brain concussion. I was sitting on the small sofa, in front of me Jimmy's bed. Zacky was sitting next to Jim, on the ground, Kay on his lap. She was crying silently and he was comforting her. I wish I could do that. I wish, I could hold her close, I wish, I could comfort her when she's sad, make her laugh, I wish, she could love me as much as I love her. But that will never happen. She doesn't love me. We're only friends.

"He's gonna be okay. You heard the doctor." Zacky soothed her. She lightly nodded her head. "I'm gonna grab some coffee, okay, babe?" he asked while standing up. She slid off of his lap and sat on the floor. 

"You want some?" he asked her. She shook her head 'no' and sighed while looking up at Jimmy. Then Zack turned his head to me. I nodded and he left the room.

I slowly stood up from my current place and went to sit next to Carolina. She glimpsed at me, but focused her attention on Jimmy. I took my time looking at her. She didn't have any serious injuries. She was all okay. 

Matt probably lost his brain. How can you hit a girl? And your best friend? Fuck, how can you hit Jimmy? I just don't understand. 

I understand, why he was so pissed, but you don't have to take your anger on two innocent people. Yeah, Valary didn't show any interest in Matt, while he had Payton by his side. Yeah, Payton was clingy. Yeah, our band didn't make into Huntington Beach bands festival, but life doesn't end. And you certainly don't fucking kick asses. I knew Matt was a hot-headed guy, but do stuff like this... Just because things don't go the way you want, you don't need to go and hit anything you see. Or anyone, in this case. Carolina's scene was the last drop into Matt's cup. He just couldn't handle all the bad things and pressure anymore. But that is not an excuse.

I snapped out of my thoughts, when Carolina laid her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my hand around her waist. I was about to remove it, because I didn't want to make her feel awkward, but she stopped me. I smiled and put my hand back. 

I closed my eyes and relaxed. I wanted to do this way more frequently. I wanted to feel her close to me. I wanted to kiss her.

Jimmy's eyes fluttered. He slowly opened them, so they could adjust to the light. Kay jumped up from the floor and straight onto Jimmy. 

"JIMMY!" she squealed and hug the shit out of him. Jimmy only laughed loudly. He had a bruised jaw and some bruised on his body as well. 

"Good to see you, too, Kay-pie!" he hugged her back. I stood up from the floor and hugged Jim, too. 

"How you're feeling, man?" I asked as I sat on the side of his bed, while Kay straddled his waist. 

"Had a good nap, so great!" he smiled. I smiled sadly at him. 

Someone knocked on the door. We all looked at the direction of it. Soon enough the room's door opened and Matt stepped sheepishly into the room. Carolina froze in the spot. Jimmy just looked sadly at our best friend. I shook my head. 

Matt was a real mess. His eyes red, his hair messy, his face held a frown. Suddenly, Kay climbed off of the bed and walked up to Matt. She crossed her arms on her chest, while narrowing her eyes into the slits. 

"I said it once, I'll say it twice - you're heartless, emotionless, cocksucking motherfucker." she said calmly.

I just could not believe, what I was seeing right now. She's still trying to knock some sense into Matt's head. She's still standing tall, after what he had done. She's one brave girl.