Chapter 15: Anger Issues

Zacky’s POV

I hung up the phone and gave it back to Jimmy.

“Everything’s okay, dude?” Jimmy asked, concerned.

“Yeah, it’s cool.” I nodded. Kay was acting really weird all this time. She wasn’t avoiding me, no. She was avoiding Brian. She told me that, Brian didn’t want her to become my girlfriend, but something’s telling me that it’s not the case. It seems like she’s hiding something. Like she’s afraid to tell me something. And Brian still didn’t show up. I don’t want to be all suspicious, but it seems to me, that something is going between Carolina and Brian.

“Hey.” Brian waved faintly to us.

“ ‘Sup, dude!” Jimmy high-fived him. “Why so down?”

“It’s nothing. Just had a little argument with someone, that’s all.”  Jimmy eyes him suspiciously, but dropped the subject. But I didn’t want to drop it. I walked up to Brian.

“So, where’s Kay? She said she needed to talk to you.” I started.

“Yeah,” he scratched his head in nervous manner. “she said she had some stuff to take care of.” he replied. The exact reply Kay gave me over the phone.

“You don’t have any idea were she can be?” I asked again. “She called us, about like two minutes ago and she sounded tired and worn out.” I said, playing dumb. He shifted uncomfortably.

“No, I don’t know.” he looked away from me.

“You really don’t-“ I was cut off.

“No, I don’t, Zacky! Geez!” he yelled. “If I knew, I would have told you, wouldn’t I?!”

“Sorry, dude. I’m just worried. That’s all.” I was taken back by his outburst.

“Nah, dude, I’m sorry. I’m just not in the mood. I should have not yelled at you.” he apologized and patted my back. I nodded my head and sat on the beach towel in front of the fire pit. The sun almost sat down and the whole sky was bright red color.

I heard voices coming from the main path and soon, I saw a group of people heading to us. They were chatting and laughing. When they reached us, I saw Carolina smiling to me. I smiled back and stood up.

“KAY-PIE!” Jimmy shoot out of his seat to hug her. She laughed at his antics and hugged him back.

“Nice to see you too, Jim.”

“Who are they?” he whispered to her.

“Everyone,” she started loudly. “this is my other friends, which I want you to meet.” she looked really excited. “This is Daniella,” she pointed toLatinagirl next to her. “This girl here, is Jenna, yes, Vicky’s twin sister.” she said. “This guy over here, is Jason. He’s brittish, so be careful!” she joked. “And last but not least – Beck.” she pointed to punk wanna be.

“And here are my friends!” she pointed to us. “This is Jimmy, Matt, Valary, Michelle, Zacky, my boyfriend and Brian.” and there was an awkward silence. “No, no, no.” Kay shook her head. “No awkward silences!” she waved her hands. “Talk!”

I chuckled and first went to my girl.

“Hey, babe.” I kissed her sweet sweet lips. She kissed me back, but the kiss was different. I brushed it off.  “So that was the ‘stuff you had to take care of’, huh?” I smirked.

“Exactly.” she smiled. I wrapped my hands around her waist and pulled her down to sit on my lap. She wrapped her hands around my neck and put her head on my shoulder. I really liked Carolina, but I wasn’t sure if I was in love with her. I know I said her so, but it was a moment of rush. I didn’t want her to say no to me, so I had to tell her something that will affect her.