Chapter 34: The Scene

Carolina's POV

"Cock sucking motherfucker?" he raised his eyebrows, looking questioningly at me.

"No." I shook my head. 

"Fucking fucker?" he scratched out the last suggestion. 

"No." 

"Then what?!" he groaned, throwing his notebook on the ground.

"Beck, it's a drama class. You can't use such words in front of the teacher." I rolled my eyes, and stood up from the ground. 

"But it should be a real life-like situation. And angry people say words like that!" 

"Yeah, well it's school, so our cuss dictionary is limited." I said, grabbing a glass full of Coke. Only Coke.

"Let's take a break." he suggested. I let out a deep breath of disagreement. We had almost nothing written. Only the very beginning of the scene. We only had one more day to finish this thing. 

I followed him out of his punk-ish room into the living room and sat onto the couch. He turned on the TV and stopped onto Fuse TV channel. I still tried to think of something, blankly looking at my almost empty notebook, tapping pencil against the paper. Beck grabbed them and threw on the ground, his eyes never leaving the TV. I let out a snort and crossed my arms onto my chest. 

"At least I'm trying to think of something." I muttered loudly enough for him to hear.

"Oh, well, excuse me for being so dumbass and not being able to think of something!" he threw his hands up. 

"Don't try to turn this shit around and blame me!" I turned my body to face him. 

"Ha, like I'm the one to blame." he laughed sarcastically, rolling his eyes in process.

"Aren't you?" I shoot him a dirty look.

"I'm not the one, who totally forgot his friends, who care about me!" he stood up, shouting.

"Don't you dare to blame me!" I stood up too, pointing at him.

"But I do blame you! I blame you for making everyone miserable! For making all of us worry about you! For making-"

"Shut the fuck up." I warned him, narrowing my eyes into slits. I never forgot them. They always were. I just... It was so much shit going on, that I... I was lost myself. I had to be alone for a while.

"Truth hurts, doesn't it?" he smiled smugly.

"I never forgot you." I defended myself. 

"Oh yeah, you just needed to be alone for awhile. A familiar song, don't you think? Somehow, you were around those, not alone. And when they couldn't help you anymore, you turned to us." he went on. 

"It's not true!" I yelled back. I wanted to slap him so hard right now. It wasn't true. It was all lies. I didn't turn my back on them. I didn't use them for my needs. Did I?

"Oh, hell you know it is. You think-"

"Beck, I'm home. I got early from the job and thought, maybe you want to-" his mom stepped into the living room, her hands full of groceries. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know we had guests." she looked taken aback a bit. 

"It's okay, mom. She was-"

"I was about to leave, ma'am." I took my messenger's bag. "It was nice to meet you." I smiled politely and left the house with no last glance.