Chapter 14

⚠️Trigger Warning!! Mentions child kidnap and flashbacks!!⚠️

You took a shower when you woke up feeling refreshed. This time you had all your belongings so you didn't have to borrow any of Reid's. You got up before him so you took a shower without him. Even then, you didn't take a shower with him ever. Things were weird with you too. Were you just fuck buddies? Or not so subtle lovers? Maybe only just friends with benefits? You had no idea. But you never thought as Spencer as a friend; he was always more then that. What did he think of you? Whatever you'll overthink later probably.

You went and got breakfast for the two of you; you weren't gonna chance going through his kitchen because you've barely been in there before. You had no idea where everything was but you wanted to be nice. The thing about you is that you wanted people to think you were a threat. But really you were the biggest softie in the world. Spencer saw that, you knew he did. You've always melted at his touch. You would instantly calm down feeling him looking at you. That man had you whipped beyond belief. Ah well you thought.

"I was wondering where you went off to." Reid was scratching his head yawning. He only had boxer briefs on at the moment. You walked in the door with your hands full, your mouth holding the bag. "Oh you're awake...Dang it." You said the last part under your breath. "Yep." He smiled at you looking so drowsy and tired. "What's in the bag?" You got out the food in the bag. "I didn't know what you'd like so I got you an omelette and some hash browns. And just a plain croissant for me." You gave him his food. "Thank you!" He looked so happy; like a child getting candy for the first time. You smiled. "Oh I almost forgot! Here I got you coffee. Lots of sugar to wake you up." You handed him the cup. "That's so kind of you to go out of your way like this, thank you." He was now stuffing his face. "We have to hurry though." You grabbed your black tea and started slowly eating the croissant. "Work, I know."

"Why'd you only get a croissant? Aren't you hungry?" "Well yeah. I just wanted something light. I don't eat very much you should know this by now Spence." "Hmmm.." "Hurry up earthworm you still need to get dressed. I'll be waiting." "I'm on it!"

Getting to the office Hotch stopped everyone at the elevators. "No time to sit and discuss this case. We need to leave now." "What's happened?" Jj asked. "A young girl was abducted 13 hours ago in Ohio." "Oh god.." it was almost like Jj couldn't breathe. "Why are we only in formed now?!" Morgan almost shouted. "I have no idea but if we don't find her in the next 11 hours that little girls' going to die." "Let's get to the jet. No time to waste." Rossi spoke. Spencer saw the look on your face when Hotch mentioned a child abduction. You and the team briefed on the plane now you just had to get to Ohio. You went towards the concessions stand were the drinks were. "Hey.. What's wrong?" Reid lightly grabbed your shoulder. You jumped a little. You'd been in your thoughts. "Oh. Uhh nothing. I'm ok." "Y/N." "Yeah?" "Please don't lie to me." He asked. "I just don't do well when children get hurt. I'll be fine."

In the 11 hours it took to find the little girl, you did. Other then the trauma that little girl was going to have she was gonna be just fine. Thank God.

This case brought back all those memories when you were a child. Very unpleasant and unwanted memories. Everything was pouring in all over again. You thought if you killed the people that did those things to you those painful memories would stop flashing in your mind. Obviously you were wrong.

"Hey there girly." Prentiss said putting her palm against your back. "Hey Prentiss." "I couldn't help but notice you were shaken up this whole case. Is everything ok?" "Yeah. I just hate when people feel the need to harm kids. They're so pure and innocent; It's not right."

"I'm with you there. Look I shouldn't be telling you this but when we get back Strauss is going to pull you aside to talk to you." "Why?" "She's making sure you're not lashing out and being the crazy you." "So it's impossible for someone to not want to harm people anymore? Ok." "I don't mean this as rude or disrespectful but with what you have done, I would be surprised." "It's fine, I get it." "Ok. Got sit and get some rest." Emily said. "Yeah." When you landed back home sure enough Strauss was right there. "Agent Y/L/N, follow me please we need to have a talk." "Yes ma'am." You followed her into her office. Within an hour you two talked about your time at the BAU so far and said how you had a massive target in your back. Ok and?? Who cares it's not like I'm not used to it, you thought. None of that scared you. Then you got a text from Garcia. "We're at a bar near here if you wanna come after talking with Strauss." When you finally left Strauss's office you texted back. "I'm on my way now."

When you arrived Rossi, Hotch, and Jj were already leaving. "I'm sorry it took me so long. Strauss wouldn't stop talking." You rolled your eyes. "Hey watch it Miss Y/N." Rossi squinted at you. Oh shit!, you forgot Rossi was currently dating her. "Sorry Rossi I didn't really mean anything by it." You hoped he bought it. "I believe you. Now good bye and good night Y/N." "Good night Rossi." He didn't buy it. "Way to go Y/N you idiot." You mentally pinched yourself. "So it's just me, you (pointing at Morgan), Garcia, Emily, and Reid." "Not really." Reid responded. "Ah yes, you don't drink very much." You rolled your eyes at him. "There's a reason for that Y/N." He said pointing his finger upward. "Yeah, Yeah. I know." "Fuck it let's party!!" "YEAAH!!" Garcia and Emily were already drunk. Oh God.