Chapter 29

"Y/N wake up, come on." Reid lightly pushed your shoulder. "No." You echoed in his chest. "We have to go." He said softly. "I don't want to!!" You tried to dig more into his chest. "If you don't want to wake up then I'll just have to dress you myself." He said tickling your sides. You tried to move away from the man next to you. "Spencer stop!!" You laughed now standing up. "Ahh there we go." "Asshole." You snickered. Reid just gave you an amused and bright smile. After a few minutes the both of you were as ready as you could be getting into a taxi. Spencer told the man driving where his apartment was so we could get dressed for the get-together with his team. Hotch "kindly ordered" Rossi to make dinner for the team. Apparently all the girls immediately went to Reid insisting he bring you too even though you were still out of the field.

Honestly the team liking you was the best thing you could think of. Your first encounter they seemed to hate you. If not they at most didn't like you. Now they've seen the good version of yourself. Who you really were without your shields and walls. You were raised to be kind, respectful, smart, caring, etc. You were raised to be an amazing human being with little bad qualities. Even after everything that happened all of those years ago you wanted to honor your parents; being that amazing human they raised you to be was the your best way in doing so. You were getting on the good side of everyone and that made you feel wanted and cared for. Something you thought you could only feel with Spencer.

When you got to his apartment it was really dark. "Are you going to open the curtains?" You joked knowing Reid never opened any curtains in his apartment since he liked the darker light better. It made his apartment looks aesthetically pleasing even more. "You know I never open them and you've never asked before; but if you want them open then, of course." He grabbed your chin lifting it just a tad as he walked by you towards the curtains. "Wait! Spencer I was just messing with you!!" Spencer stopped mid motion, turned his back towards you, and gave you a playful look. "Oh so you made me come all the way over here just to tell me that last minute! He laughed. "I knew it was a joke I just wanted to see how long it'd take for you to say something. Well that and you also hate opening the curtains like me." He walked past you. You stood there in annoyance. "You know all of this could've been avoided and we could have been half way ready by now." Reid gave no other response then a kissy face at you for a millisecond.

"See, Asshole." You mumbled.

You mentally thanked yourself for bringing the extra pair of clothes from the night before. Finally came the time to be at Rossi's. Everyone welcomed you with hugs. It seemed like the way they all saw you wasn't bad anymore. Why though? Did hearing what happened to me really change their perception that much? Garcia, Prentiss, and Jj pulled you away from the men making you let go of Reids hand. It was probably a good idea to do since you swore his hand was going purple with how tightly you gripped it. You were terrified to see the team again; what could you say?

They pulled you all the way to Rossis living room. "We just wanted to make sure you were ok." Penelope couldn't hold her tongue any longer. "I don't know." You looked at Jj and Emily "You're the profilers why don't you figure it out." You joked. "Sassy lady. I love it!!" Penelope smiled. You guessed that joke was enough to tell them how you really were. "Good." Prentiss said as the group hug demerged. "Girl time!! Morgan giggled. "Oh shut it." Jj smiled. "Wanna join in the fun?" Garcia put her best smile on. "I think I'll let the professionals stick to it." Morgan nodded. Reid pulled your waist a bit closer to him. "Did they do something?" He whispered so only you could hear. "Just asked if I was ok." You looked slightly up to Reids face. "What did you say?" "I told them to figure it out." You smiled proudly. "Not surprised in the slightest." He chuckled.

"You guys really do fit each other." Garcia complimented. You and Reid realized everyone was looking at you nodding in agreement. You mentally pinched your self. "Thanks.." You said shyly, blush coming over your cheeks." You noticed Spencer looking down as well. "What about the food?.." You aske looking at Rossi hoping he knew what you were trying to do. "Ah yes, follow me everyone." He began to walk to the kitchen.

Thank God.

The rest of the night everyone talked, laughed, told stories of their lives. You stayed quite until someone brought up happy memories, then you decided to speak up. "When I was six my parents promised me we would play my own version of Castle. My mom was always the Queen, my dad the King, and me the Princess. We had all these imaginary set ups." You paused for a second putting your hands up gesturing quotation marks. "Every room being something different." You didn't realize the smile on your face. These were memories you refused to give up. "I made them dance to their love songs they picked for each other." You sounded more genuine and happy then you ever did. You really did have amazing parents. Their love never seemed to end. You wished to have someone to love the way they did with each other. Consumed in being in love.

You weren't even going to try and hide your expression or happiness from everyone when you looked up. Everyone smiled but Jj and Garcia were crying or had tears in their eyes. "It's absolutely incredible how you still remember something like that." Hotch said softly. "I could never forget how my parents were. They were my most beloved memories; Giving them up even with the circumstances was never an option." You said contently.