41

Sabrina Renae Lee

Sabrina Renae Lee

I knocked on my mothers door, considering it's been 3 years since I've seen her. Brandon told me she's been getting better, but you know Brandon, such a dumb ass. He also told me she's not doing so good either.

She opened it and looked me up and down. "Mmph." She said crossing her arms. "How did I get so lucky to get a visit from you Queen?"

"How you doing?" I asked helping myself in. "You look good."

"What do you want Sabrina?" She asked with so much attitude. "Last time we talked you made it seem like I was dead to you."

"Last time we talked, you said some pretty hurtful shit." I said looking at her shaking my head. "You not innocent either."

"How could you talk to me like that! I'm your mother!" She exclaimed looking at me sideways.

"And? Doesn't mean you was a very good one." I said scoffing out a laugh. "I said you look good, no thank you or anything?"

She stared at me for a minute before smacking her lips and looking away. "What do you want Sabrina? Money? I don't have it ri-"

"You know damn well, I don't need no money from you."

She smiled, "Yeah I know. I see all your businesses you're opening up. I'm proud of you." She said before looking up at me.

"Thanks...mama. Brandon been telling you?"

"No. Despite our differences , you are my daughter and I do like to know what's going on in your life." She said before chuckling. "And a couple of people wanted to rob you, had to remind them who daughter you are."

I laughed, "Well thanks for having my back."

"Always had your back. I've been going to church. I went to rehab. Even got myself a job, wish I could go back to college, but I don't have the same drive anymore. I regret letting your dad get in my mind about turning to the street life." She said laughing shaking her head.

"Shit changed my life forever."

I nibbled on my lip, "It's never too late mama, hell I'll pay for it if you promise you'll really do it."

"Really Bri?" She asked as her eyes lit up.

"I want to forgive and forget. I'm trying to become a better person ma. I gotta let that grudge against you that I held onto for so long go, you know..."

"B-but all those things I did to you, how can you just let that go?"

I laughed, "Because what is holding on to them gone do for me besides weigh me down? I came here today to tell you, you may not be sorry and that's perfectly fine with me, but I forgive you ma. I'm tired of being angry all the time and wishing you would've just been a better mother. Shit happens. I'm ready to move on, I'm 23 years old and I hate to admit it, but I want a relationship that I never had with my mother."