17:

Sabrina Renae Lee

Sabrina Renae Lee

"No Sagi, I don't want Amaya to meet my mama yet." I said as I continued to drive over Serenity house. "She doesn't need to be around my mother."

"But why though Bri? You took her in as your daughter, she needs to meet her."

I looked at Amaya as she bobbed her head to the music, "I want her to stay a kid forever okay." I mumbled as I started having flashbacks.

"Sabrina, you don't think your mom changed?" He asked softly making me shrug.

I bit my lip, "I don't know, I don't really communicate with her, so..." I said scrunching my face up at this car. "Damn bitch , how the fuck did you get your license?"

"Baby don't be road raging with my daughter in the-"

"Sagi shut the hell up." I said laughing shaking my head. "Ain't nobody road raging, they can't hear me and I ain't honk my horn, but I haven't spoken to or seen my mother in months."

"But why though baby? You'll feel so much better if you resolved y'all ongoing issue."

"Personally I will feel better, if she just owns up to the fact that she's one of the reasons I had a violent childhood instead of a happy childhood." I said shrugging. "Till I feel like she truly changed, than I will think about letting her meet Amaya.

"Alright, well you go head and get your little closure. I love you baby, I'm finna head in."

"Alright I love you too. Call me when you done."

"Ight." We hung up so I put my phone back on the aux. "You okay Maya?"

"Yeah I'm ready to see my TT." She said smiling real big. All I could think about was yesterday. She was really down and scared last night, but she just woke up with the biggest smile on her face this morning.

"What about your uncle and your cousins?"

"Uhhh...I'm ready to see Sin Sin & Silas." I laughed at how she said their names it was so cute.

"Say Silas again."

"Silas." She said giggling covering her face.

"What about Uncle?"

"No..." She said making me laugh.

"Okay so just TT, Sin Sin, and Silas."

She smiled and nodded. Her and Sagi are the only ones to call Sincere, Sin Sin. If anybody else tried it Sagi would check them immediately.

-

I knocked on my mom door and she answered looking the same way I saw here a while ago. Messy hair, dirty ass face, etc. She was too beautiful for that.

"Sabrina." She said hugging me tightly. I rolled my eyes tired of this motherly act. "You're not happy to see me?"

"You can cut the motherly act. You didn't do it when I was a child, so don't start now."