14

Sagi Christian Newton

I was dropping some lunch off at Sabrina job like she asked me too. For some reason, she wasn't responding to my text. When I stepped off the elevator I noticed she was laughing and talking to that one nigga from the other day.

I decided to just freeze and observe. They continued to laugh and play around with each other when he finally tried to put his arm around her. Her face scrunched up and she ended up punching him in the chest.

"Damn girl." The nigga said holding his chest.

"Man what the fuck I tell you Jaylen? If my nigga walked through that door he wouldn't like it."

"That's him?" He said pointing towards me raising one eyebrow.

"Oh hey baby!" Sabrina said smiling all big.

"You ain't see my text?" I asked after pecking her lips.

"My phone is in our office."

"Our?" Jaylen asked butting in our conversation. "Nah nigga mine. Just cause you shadowing me don't mean that's yo office."

Sabrina waved him off and pulled me over to a table, "Where's your lunch?" She asked unwrapping her subway sandwich.

I kept looking at Jaylen or whatever his name was as he kept texting on his phone. "Ain't that the same nigga from outside."

"Sag-"

"He always tries to flirt with you and shit."

She looked up from her sandwich and raised one eyebrow, "Wait you was watching me?"

"I mean I know you wasn't gone tell me. So I stopped and observed." I said shrugging.

"So you was watching me." She said crossing her arms.

"No, not watching. Observing. Scooping the scene out. And what was y'all laughing at?" I said licking my lips as i pulled my phone out.

"Thanks for lunch." She said starting to stand up but I grabbed her hand.

"Sabrina, don't make me act an ass at your workplace."

"I'm leaving. So we both don't start acting an ass at my workplace." She mumbled sitting back down.

"I asked a question." I said shrugging. "Must've been real funny, the way y'all was laughing together."

She rolled her eyes and pulled her phone out, "What you texting him right now?"

"Sagi, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. I'm not in the mood for it." She snapped quietly, but I still felt it was loud.

"You was a minute ago." I mumbled shrugging.

She looked off to the side and laughed, "Thanks for lunch. You've officially ruined my appetite and mood." She said standing up as she was wrapping her sandwich back up.