Prom

Y/n's POV

School had been suspended for one week because of the riot. Normally that'd be a good thing, right? I mean, not having to go to high school for five whole days is a godsend. Except that we had to make it up at the end of the year. So maybe not so great. During that time though, I talked things out with Zach, and he apologized for snapping at me. That meant that as of now, things were good. Well, until I was called down to the Dean's office.

"Uh, Dean Foundry? I was told you wanted to see me," I say and walk into the Dean's office. 

"Yes. Have a seat," Dean Foundry urged and gestured to the seat in front of his desk. I slid my backpack off my back and set it down on the floor before sitting down, crossing my legs in front of me. I didn't know why I was here, and honestly, that made me a little worried. 

"So, I don't remember getting into trouble recently," I start.

"Yes. I know. I just want you to tell me about the riot that happened here last week," Dean Foundry requested. 

"Well, I'm sorry to break it to you, but I wasn't at school when that happened," I state. 

"Yes, but you are aware of what happened with Mr. Dempsey, correct?" Dean Foundry asked. 

"Oh yeah. Well aware," I answer. "But I still don't know how I can help you." 

"Well, a fight between Diego and Justin started the whole riot, and a student mentioned hearing them talk about a tape," Dean Foundry brought up. "Would you happen to know what that's all about?" 

There could have been many tapes those students were talking about. Obviously, we had Hannah Baker's tapes. But if they were talking about that, they would have said "tapes" instead of "tape." That just left one option; Bryce Walker's tape. However, I couldn't talk about that to anyone, so I pretended I didn't know what the Dean was talking about. 

"Sorry, Dean Foundry," I apologize. "But I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know anything about a tape."

"Right. Well, I don't have much more to say, Ms. L/n," Dean Foundry spoke. 

"Okay, well I do. I've spent the past four years at this school, and after everything I've been through, after everything everyone here has been through, you can't cancel prom," I argue. "This is the one thing we've all been looking forward to since freshman year. It's not right for you to just get rid of it." 

"Y/n, a group of parents managed to get a county judge to issue a gang injunction against the students at Liberty. We can't have a prom," Dean Foundry declared. 

"Oh, there's going to be a prom," I disagree. "Someone's going to figure something out. I can promise you that much, Dean Foundry. Have a great day." That night, I got a text from Clay telling me that all of us were gonna have a meeting at his house. And when I got there, everyone was waiting.

"Hey, Y/n," Alex greeted. "Where's Zach? I though the two of you were coming together?" 

"Since he's suspended, his mother has him under house arrest," I share "I told him I'd call after the meeting to catch him up with everything, so we're good to go." 

"All right. Then lets get this meeting started," Clay instructed. With that, Clay began telling us everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. He explained that he was the one who graffitied "Monty was Framed" on the administration office, and then went on to add that he also decorated my locker with the pictures of Monty and I and the word "Traitor." Clay had done loads of other stuff too. He destroyed the school cameras, blew up Bolan's car at the riot, and messed with everyone during the camping trip.