The Missing Page

Y/n's POV

"Bryce!" I yelp as he yanked me into an empty classroom. "What the hell?"

"We need to talk," Bryce insisted. 

"Okay, well, that doesn't mean you have to grab me and drag me into an abandoned classroom," I argue. "You could have texted or called, or just walked up to me and said 'Y/n, can we talk for a minute?' There was no need for this."

"Whatever. Was it you who released the tapes?" Bryce asked. 

I frowned. "What?" 

"Was it you who released the tapes?" Bryce repeated.

"Wait. You think I did that?" I question. 

"Just tell me the truth Y/n," Bryce demanded. 

"Fuck you, Bryce," I growl. "If you think I was the one who released the tapes to the public, then you don't know me at all." 

"Well you're the only one who's been avoiding me the past few weeks," Bryce brought up.

"I haven't been avoiding you. I've just been busy," I lie. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get to class." Later that day, I walked past a classroom, and I saw Chloe sitting by herself. She had some earbuds in, and she was staring hard at the desk she was sitting at. As soon as I entered the room, Chloe looked up, and when she saw me, she paused what she was listening to and took out an earbud. "Hey, Chloe. What are you doing in here all alone?"

"I just needed some alone time," Chloe confessed.

"Okay. What are you listening to?" I quiz.

"A podcast for English," Chloe replied. "But uh, I have heard the tapes." 

"Oh," I murmur.

"I don't believe what she said. Hannah, I mean," Chloe clarified. "You're not a bitch. You're quite the opposite, actually."

"Thanks, Chloe, but you don't have to try and make me feel better. I've come to peace with what's been said about me on the tapes. I was a bitch to Hannah. I deserved that tape," I admit.

"Nobody deserved a tape," Chloe disagreed.

"Right. Well, you know about Mr. Porter, right? About what happened in court today?" I implore. 

Chloe nodded. "Yeah." 

"Are you okay?" I inquire, sensing that something about her was off. 

"I'm fine," Chloe assured me. "I believe Bryce. I know he's got a good heart." 

"Are you sure that you're okay?" I prod. "With him and everything?" 

"Yeah. We're good," Chloe spoke as other students started filling the room. "I'll talk to you later." Once school was over, I exited the building to get to my car. On the way there, I bumped into Clay, who looked like he had taken a beating. A bad on.

"Clay, hey!" I shout and run to catch up to him. "What happened?" 

"What do you think happened? I got beat up," Clay stated. 

"Well, no shit," I say. "Who did that?" 

Clay shrugged. "I don't know. It was a group of guys. Hey, did you ever figure out where the place in the photographs was?"

"Uh, no. Sorry," I apologize. 

"It's fine," Clay mumbled. "I'll uh, I'll talk to you later." 

"Clay wait!" I call out and run to catch up to him. "Take care of yourself, okay? I'm serious."

"Will do," Clay confirmed. "See you around."