Bye

Y/n's POV

It had been one month since the trial ended. One month since the jury decided Liberty High wasn't responsible in the slightest for Hannah's death. One month since Bryce Walker was arrested for sexual assault. One month since Justin had been put in handcuffs for accessory to said sexual assault.

Justin wasn't able to be released from prison because there were strict rules that said he needed to be released to a guardian. And since his mother was nowhere to be found, he couldn't legally leave. Thankfully, Clay's mom was filing for a petition to get him released. We also had a funeral for Hannah. It was a beautiful ceremony, as far as funerals go. As said before, I hate funerals. I absolutely hate them. But I guess I've slowly learned to appreciate them. After the funeral, we headed to Monet's where there was a get together in Hannah's honor. 

"Zach, I swear to god if you shake the ladder," I warn as I climbed up a few steps to add my piece to the chalkboard wall.

"I'm not gonna shake it. Promise," Zach pledged and held the ladder steady. Just as I finished writing what I wanted to say, I turned around to face the front door. And that's when I saw the one and only Justin Foley. I clambered down the ladder as quickly as possible, and when I reached my best friend, I launched myself into his arms.

"Whoa," Justin murmured and steadied himself before wrapping his arms around my waist to squeeze me tightly. "Give me a warning next time, would ya?"

"I can't believe you're finally back," I say and wipe away the tears that had gathered at the corners of my eyes. 

"Foley!" Zach cheered and gave Justin a hug. "Are you making my girlfriend cry?" 

"Not on purpose. I swear," Justin defended.

"Sorry," I apologize. "I've just missed you. It's been a long month, dude."

"Well, it's good to be back," Justin confessed. "So, are you guys going to the spring fling? I think I want to go, just to show everyone I'm not hiding, you know?"

"That's great, Justin. Seriously," Zach told him. "And as for Y/n and I, we will be the hottest couple there."

Justin laughed. "All right, I can't deal with you guys being all cute and stuff. I'm going to talk to Clay. I'll talk to you guys later."

"So, do I get to know what my girlfriend is wearing to the spring fling?" Zach quizzed. 

"As much as you'd probably want me to be naked, I'm wearing something navy blue. That's all you get to know," I respond. 

"God," Zach mumbled. "If you won't show up naked, will you at least come to my house afterwards and get naked?" 

"Zach Dempsey, are you asking me to have sex with you tomorrow after the Spring Fling?" I question.

Zach shrugged. "I mean, we are notorious for having sex after parties."

"I'll think about it," I whisper in his ear before making my way towards Jess and Alex. 

"You're such a tease!" Zach yelled after me.

The next night, I was getting ready for the Spring Fling. Zach was gonna be picking me up in about half an hour, so I needed to hurry. I dug through my closet to look for the outfit that I was looking for, and I finally found it. It was a dark blue knee length dress with white and yellow flowers on it that I paired with a pair of white flats. It wasn't anything fancy, but that didn't matter because the Spring Fling wasn't really a formal dance.

"Y/n!" my father called out from downstairs. "Zach is here." 

"I'll be right there!" I shout back. I smoothed down my dress, brushed my hair quickly, and then took a look in the mirror. Once everything was in order, I took a deep breath and headed downstairs.