Season 4; Winter Break

Y/n's POV

I was sitting in a cement walled room with only a few tables and chairs in it. The air smelled stale, almost as if I was underground, like being in a basement. No one was in the room except for me. And the silence, well, it scared me. At that moment, the door at the other end of the room opened, and a prison guard escorted Monty inside. 

"Hey, Monty," I greet as he took the seat across from me. 

"Y/n," Monty snarled, his voice laced with venom. 

"Look, I know that you're mad," I start. "But you have to understand why we did what we did." 

"You can't even say what you did, Y/n," Monty pointed out. "You framed me for killing Bryce. You and I and everyone else except the police know that it was really Alex. So why don't you turn him in?"

"Monty, you don't know how much I want to. I mean, every morning my brain screams at me to make things right. But I can't. It'd ruin everything," I claim. 

"Would it? Lets face it. You only agreed to throw me under the bus so the pressure would be off of you and Zach," Monty spit at me.

"Except I didn't want to frame you," I disagree. "Don't you get that? You were my friend, and you were a damn good one, but I have to keep what really happened a secret, or else everyone's lives are going to be fucked up."

 "Newsflash! Everyone's lives are already fucked up, Y/n, and it's all your fault," Monty exclaimed and stood up. I stood up too so that we were the same height, but Monty then took a menacing step towards me, forcing me back. And he continued walking at me, which started freaking me out.

"Monty, what are you doing?" I ask. 

"I'm going to do to you what you did to me. I'm going to kill you," Monty declared. And then he lunged at me.

I shot up in bed, panting heavily. I was covered in sweat, a few pieces of hair sticking to my forehead. I wiped at my eyes, removing the few tears that had began to fall, and fell back into my bed.

"It was just a bad dream," I mumble. "Go back to sleep." However, the more I tried, the harder it was to go to bed. And after waking up for that nightmare, I was wide awake. It had been one month since Monty had died, and just a little over since Bryce. Yet for some reason, my nightmares had just started the past few days. It seemed like the worst time though, because the next morning, Justin was coming back from rehab, so all of us were throwing him a party.

"Jeez, Y/n. You look like shit," Jess commented as I walked into Clay and Justin's shared bedroom. 

"Thank you, Jess. You're so kind. Seriously," I joke.

"She's not lying though," Alex agreed.

"I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I'll be okay," I assure them as I heard footsteps coming from outside.

"Oh, he's here! Everyone under the damn banner. Come on. Smile," Jess ordered as we all gathered under the banner. "Welcome home!" Instead of Justin though, it was Zach.

"Whooo!" Zach cheered as he shut the door behind him.

"Ugh. It's just you. And you're late," Jess said. 

"I know," Zach confirmed. 

Jess sniffed the air as he neared her. "And are you drunk?" 

"I may have pre-gamed," Zach declared. 

"Oh, my God. What the fuck is wrong with you? This is a dry party for a sober person," Jess reminded him. "Y/n, deal with your boyfriend, please. Get him some mouthwash or something."