61

Previously on Hired.

There was only one question I had and I asked it without hesitation, "Who exactly is looking for Carlos, is it, Gabriel?"

"Unfortunately, Gabriel is dead." He surprised me with his words, I didn't know Gabriel was dead. "Someone else is in charge now and she would like to meet you."

Antonio's eyes drifted and he looked towards the SUV near the back of the parking lot.

The security guard who was standing near the SUV looked at Antonio who simply nodded his head.

I watched the security guard walk to the back door of the SUV and opened it up before stepping aside.

My heart raced inside my chest, wondering who it was, and when I saw French heels on the pavement, my jaw dropped.

"Aurora, Aurora is the new Don."

Eva

I don't remember much about what happened last night, or how I got on my bed. I do remember speaking to Antonio and seeing Aurora,

The rest is blank.

I also remember Antonio saying they wanted me to find Carlos, something about Miles and Charles going missing after the war.

I don't remember much after that, they must have knocked me out or something, I feel the worst migraines throbbing from the back of my head right now.

"Do you feel any better?" Chika asked.

"Yeah, I just need the aspirin to settle in

"Yeah, I just need the aspirin to settle in. Do you remember how I got home? I couldn't have driven, I don't even remember driving."

"No, when I got here your car was parked outside and you were passed out on the bed in your ridiculously hot party clothes, you must have gotten home somehow. But anyway, I'm sorry I didn't show up, I got an emergency and I had to run home."

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, Papi got sick and was throwing up everywhere. I've got to find him a vet soon before this becomes a regular thing. I'm very sorry.."

"It's fine.." I sat up with a wince,

"By the way.." She scurried towards the drawer, "This came in yesterday morning, I was going to give it to you and then I forget." She extended the parcel in her hands to me.

"Who's it from?" I asked as I stared at the parcel skeptically.

"I don't know, they didn't leave a name or a card. I'm going to make us breakfast. You craving milky pancakes this morning?"

"Sure?"

"Okay." She said and left the room.

I got out of bed and reached for a scissor. I tore open the parcel, to my surprise it was a burner phone.