Chapter 51

"Left!"

"Right!"

"Left!"

"Right!"

I watched from a distance as Miles drilled the men for war, they were lined up, marching back and forth with guns pointed forward and ready to shoot.

"3rd offense."

The guns came down, the men falling back into circles, protecting the men in the middle, while using watchful eyes to secure the perimeter.

"Everything is going well." A voice waved beside me,

I turned swiftly to notice Tom, he's a trusted partner, which is why I hired him to train Eva.

"How's she?" I asked.

"Well... She's promising."

"But?" I said,

"Don't get me wrong, Don. She's good, she's a fast learner... But, I don't think she's ready for a war, I mean these men have years of training and experience, she doesn't stand a chance against them...."

"She's not going to be part of the war." I cut in,

"Good...I was worried for her." There is a plane coming from Miami to take her and her brother in a few days. They are too susceptible and I can't have that sort of distraction.

"One more thing, I broke through the firewall minutes before I got here. Grabriel and his men made a flight to Moscow this afternoon."

I made my way into the office.

"Why Moscow?" I asked taking a seat,

He shut the door behind him before doing the same, "That's what I thought, it didn't make any sense at first, why Eastern Europe? Then it hit me, what if it's a--"

"Decoy.." I supplied and he nodded, I scoffed leaning back against my chair, "They are trying to throw us off.."

"Which makes sense. They let me hack through their system and only showed the time of the flight, who was on the flight and what airport to go to. It was all on purpose." Tom analyzed the situation. "They have been controlling what I could hack for this whole time, throwing us off the rail."

I think about it for a minute and flinch up.

"You said you were able to hack through the firewall right after you got there...it means they have been listening all along." I watched as Tom sits up and goes quiet for a minute.

"Shit! We've been rigged..." he cursed, "They could be listening right now." He looked around the room,

"Since when?" I pondered.

"We should do a search, find anyone that shouldn't be here--"

Then hit me.

Eva!!

"Eva!" I growled, "They have been recording us since Eva showed up here." She knew they were listening on the plan, that must be how she saved her brother, she marked another deal."

"Woah....I don't think this is Eva."

"You don't know her, she is vulnerable, she would do anything...She's been deceiving us this whole time." which explains why she defends them, I look into my hands and feel my emotions heat again.  "A month, that's how long they've had us." I clenched my fists and my breathing quickened. "Inform the men, to be ready for an ambush."

  "I'll tell them to look out for any hidden cameras or mics, I believe that's how they are listening."

"No, it's better they aren't aware we know, that way we can control the situation." Tom gets up and goes outside, pulling out his phone on the way. I clenched and went to the safe, Miles came running in soon after.

"Don, what's going on?"

I picked the gun,

"Drag Eva down the basement."