Chapter 1

Eva

My prison cell was a hollow cube of concrete, one way in, one way out, no windows, no sounds, a domain for the demons that hunt my thoughts, I could hear them in my head.

Voices!

These voices,

They whisper and toil with my mind.

I can't remember a point where they weren't there, where I don't hear them demanding, laughing, taunting and blocking my own thoughts, but left to this cruel world to die, these voices had become my family, my friends, my companions-

The sound of keys pulled me out of my thoughts, having me lifting my eyes to the barred opening with thick metal bars,

"You have a visitor." Officer Jones, the officer in charge of my floor, announced, opening the bars.

I stood to my feet as she stalked over to me,

"Your hand?" She demanded, pulling out the handcuffs, and without hesitation I extended both arms to her,

"Who's it?" I whispered curiously. I had been here for almost a year and no one had shown up to see me, "Is it my brother?"

"Unless your brother is a drag queen, I don't think so.." She replied, cuffing my hands, "I have a bad feeling about this one, you be careful now and remember your hearing is next week, any more charges and it's over." She said, and I nodded at her. Sadly, officer Jones had been the closest thing I had to a mother. "Come on." She escorted me out of my cell and into an empty office, it was the monitor room.

"Why am I here?" I questioned.

"Just stay quiet, someone is coming." She said and left the room.

I swallowed thickly and sat quietly. A few minutes later, another officer appeared with a strange lady, she was dressed in a silk red suit, her hair glossy and spreading accurately on her shoulders, mashing the deep bloody lipstick on her lips.

She stepped into the room, with her heels clicking the concrete floor as if she owned the room.

"Eva Green!" The officer called, and I stood up quickly, "You have five minutes."

"What's going on?"

She turned to the officer and whispered something into his ear.

He nodded and left, locking the door behind.

"Who are you?" I asked again and a proud smug appeared at the corners of her lips,