Chapter 21

Carlos

I'd been chatting with some American business men for hours concerning some dealership at the casino and sitting here for the past hour I haven't been able to grasp through anything relevant.  I hated coming to this place, which his why I let Miles handle things from this side.

All of a sudden, I noticed a blonde girl who looked a lot like Eva, sitting and flirting with the bartender, I knew it was my mind messing with me.

For some reason I couldn't get her out of my mind, especially after the night at the gym.

My heart clenches painfully inside my chest every time she flinches away from me, as if I was the most horrifying of creatures, or Perhaps I was.

I've done terrifying things in the past, but last thing I want is for her to be afraid of me. I ranked my hand through my hair frustratedly. That girl was affecting me in more ways than one.

I need to figure her out soon....Which is another reason I was holding this meeting- I continued battling with my thoughts,

Until I was snapped out of it.

"So what have you decided." Miles whispered, "If we don't accept this deal, we might lose it to some other gang leader and this is a pretty good deal."

"If we accept this deal we would be risking lives with it." I retorted. He clenched tightly, "Don, I say we sign this deal and sort the consequences later-"

"What have you decided, do we have a deal or not?" One of the men chirped in and I hesitated for a bit before shaking my head, "No, it's to risky."

The man nodded understanding, "I have heard a lot about you, I hear you're a good man unlike your last predecessor." he got up to his feet and the rest of the men followed, "I hope you don't regret this decision." He throws out his hand for me to shake and I nodded before shaking it with a firm grip and with that they walked away leaving me alone with my men.

"That was pretty good deal you just rejected -" Miles was the first to snap, I furrowed at him and quickly bowed his head in respect.

I sighed and reached out from the wine glass on the table, "We've enough money to last us a life time, we don't need to risk innocent lives to make more and I want no more on this subject-"

They nodded and table feel silent. I turned my eyes to Luiz, "About that assignment on Eva, did you find anything." I ask and Miles Scoffs but says nothing.

"Her name is Eva Green-" Luiz spoke up.

"I know that already, Anything else." I questioned and he reached out and opened a blue file, before speaking up.

"Her parents died in a car accident when she was just ten, she was playing at the backseat with her bother when it happened, they both survived with injuries, but their parents didn't, her medical records show that she sustained a head injury after the accident, so she as no memories of her parents or what happened before the accident." he paused.

"What else?"

"The psychologist in charge of her case, notes that she suffers from schizophrenia, she believes she hears strange voices in her head telling her to do things."

Miles laughed, "Voices! Louca."

"And once in a while she regains splash backs from the accident, but as no Idea what they mean-"

"You mean nightmares-"

"I am no medical expert but I think so-" He uttered and I nodded gesturing for him to continue, "After the accident she was sent to a few fosters homes, Eleven in counting and when she turned 15 and her brother 13, they were both taking in by Mary and Ken a foster family in Brooklyn, Ken her foster father was a ruthless drunk and gambler, he's been arrested countless times for abusing the foster kids sent to his care-"

My hands clenched into a fist, that explains the scars on her skin.

"Well this unexpected-" he muttered to himself and my eyes shoot out, "What?"

"A year after....she killed him with a pocket knife-"

Miles was the first to laugh,

"I knew there was something wrong about that girl, I mean an English girl who just happened to visit Italy for no just reason, that's fishy...-"

"Why?" I don't believe that for a girl who's barely able to throw a punch could kill anyone, "What's the reason?"

"According to her statement she claimed, she was defending her brother, but her foster mother argued otherwise and she was sent to a juvenile detention, where she served a full year, that was until she was discharged and acquitted of all charges later this month-"

"And her bother?-"

"There's no records of him anywhere-"

"How did she end up in Italy?" I asked curiously, Eva is a difficult mystery I need to crack before I lose my mind, "I don't know Don." He answered.

"Then, find out." I lashed out, "I want every detail, how she got to Italy? Who sentenced her release? Her brother. Every damn thing you can find." I said and Luiz nodded and got up to proceed with it. I turned to the side to see Miles watching me.

"What?"

"You do realize that this English girl is potentially distracting you from your duties. You are focused more on her than anything else. A minute ago you just rejected a massive million dollar deal."

I clenched my fists and furrowed my eyebrows at him, "What are you saying?" I asked.

"I mean, you care more about her and her past than what we should do about the abduction of one of our own, your cousin."

I scoffed at him, "What more do you want from me? I've already made the bargain Gabriel requested, Antonio would be released soon."

"And what about the girl?"

"What about her?" I repeated, although I knew where he was heading at.

"I know you have developed some sort of liking for her, but you have to get her off your chest, it you've to fuck her to do it, fuck her and forget about her."

If he wasn't my friend, I would have beaten the shit out of her, "No disrespect Don, but I am just worried that you are letting this girl get in your head and If I were you I'd focus on the fact we could potentially have our power taking by your Gabriel anytime soon and not on some strange English girl."

I just looked at him not saying a word.

-----