Chapter 27

Eva

Carlos and I's friendship had escalated quickly for the past few days and inasmuch as my crazy mind repelled against the Idea of trusting him or anyone for that matter. I found myself doing it and getting very familiar with his family,

"Your grandmother is Indian and your grandfather Italian?" I tried to understand as I watched him get himself ready for work the next morning.

"Hmmm." He hummed, struggling with his tie, "Well that explains a lot.." I blurted and he laughed.

I walked over to him and moving his hand away, I began helping him with the tie, "Let me guess, you have people for this-" I sighed.

"I don't wear ties-"

"Why bother then?"

"The meeting today insists on one-" He replied, peering at me.

"Done-" I placed the tie back gently and pulled away.

"Grazie mio amore.." He whispered in Italian. I think.

"What does it mean?" I asked curiously.

"Thanks my love-" He replied.

I smiled, "How do you say you're welcome in Italian?"

He walked over to me and pressed his lips against my forehead, "Prego." he whispered and I smiled,

"That sounds like a puppy's name...Prego." I said and He chuckled softly,

"Would you be fine on your own?"

I nodded, "If anything happens, you call me first and no one else-" He uttered, in a more serious tone.

I nodded, with the same seriousness, "Try not to kill yourself this time-" I tell him glancing at his wound,

"Yes ma'am." He leans down again and kisses my forehead once, before pulling and walking away. I watched after him until he completely disappeared.

As soon as I heard the door slam, I hurried into the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was done, I wore a simple clothing and made it out of the door.

I made it down the stairs, bumping on Aurora on the way,

"Just the person I wanted to see, the girls and I are setting up a movie at the theater would you like to join?"

I nodded and followed her into a fancy theater room, there were other girls sitting at the front and as we got closer I realized one of them was Sonia.

"C'mon-" Aurora said grabbing me to an empty seat in front, "Guys, this is Eva....." She said to them and they smiled, Except Sonia of course.

The movie soon began and everyone went silent. It was some black and white movie about Mafias and stuff. I found it strange that they were enjoying it.