76

Eva

I felt Carlos shuffle next to me in bed and hurried into the bathroom.

"Everything okay?" I asked without opening my eyes

"Everything okay?" I asked without opening my eyes. I was drained, Miles had me on recruiting duty, and it was exhausting, "Carlos, are you okay?" I yell, I heard hum him in response, and I turned to put my head on my pillow to go back to sleep. 

I woke up again to hear him throwing up . My eyes jolted open and I quickly rushed towards him. I kneeled down next to him to rub his back. 

"Is it something you ate?"

"I'm fine, go back to bed?" He tried to push me away. What kind of girlfriend would I be if I just went back to bed? 

"I'm not going anywhere. What's going on?" I ask as I rubbed his head. 

"Migraines." He mumbled and quickly flushed the toilet. I had never seen him in this state, this vulnerable state.

He leaned back from the toilet and I could see the tear streaks staining his face. Blood capillaries were broken all over his face, and he could barely keep his eyes open.

I reached over and grabbed some toilet paper to wipe his mouth, but he took it from me and refused my help. I've never seen him so worn down before, It scared me.

"Carlos, you need to go to the hospital." I whispered and moved a piece of hair from his face. 

"I'm fine, I-I'm just having migraines." It was almost like he was using all his strength to talk.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked.

He nodded his head,

"In the left drawer, blue bottle."

I hurriedly rushed to the drawer and fished out the bottle, and brought it to him.

I handed him the medicine and filled up a cup of water from the sink. I watched as he took it and leaned his head back against the wall.

His eyes closed and he let out another sniffle. 

"Do you get these a lot?" I asked.

He nodded without opening his eyes. 

"I remember asking what those pills were  and you said they were vitamins, so this whole time you've been suffering all on your own." A sob escaped my lips,

He opened his eyes to me.

"Is it serious?"

"Can you help me back to the bed? I need to sleep this off." He said and I quickly did as he asked.

He slung his arms around my shoulders, I put him down and placed the blanket on top of him.

I notice him wince, so I laid next to him to rub his forehead.