69

Eva

The next morning I awoke to Carlos staring down at me. His eyes so bright as they searched mine. I grinned, running my hands through his face,

He leans down and captures my lips.

He wasted no time after that and left to attend to his duties

I quickly went to workout, wanting to spark up my day. When I finished, I showered and went down the hall to Carlos's office space.

I stood at the corner listening to Carlos and Miles battle at each other, it wasn't a fight, or heated or anything, they were going on each other with words only they could understand.

After all, was done, Miles barged out of the room and caught sight of me, my heart hooked in my chest,

"I-I..." I stammer,

He snorts and just walks away,

I watched him leave before taking a step in,
stumbling over my own two feet as I walk in, a little nervous.

I peek in to find Carlos staring out the window, and sipping scotch, dressed in a well-pressed white dress shirt, and jeans.

Tears spring to my eyes as I look at him, It's such a relief seeing him like this, fresh, awake and on his two feet,

Suddenly all the misery seemed to have faded away, unremembered.

He turned to notice me,

"You okay?"

He steps out of the window and starts to stalk towards me, a smile growing on his face as he approaches me.

"What was that about?"

"The men and I are returning to Milan," he said suddenly.

"And, Miles doesn't buy the idea?"

"Miles doesn't buy a lot of things, he's afraid."

"As he should, Carlos you just got out of a coma, you should be resting." I wrap my arms around his neck, staring up at him, "You need to pause all this Mafia drama and put your health first."

"Three years isn't enough rest?" He smiled.

"Carlos." I glare at me.

"I do, and I appreciate your concern, all of your concerns. But I've been trapped in my head for so long, watching the very empire I built to hit the ground--"

"I'm sure a few more days wouldn't hurt, just a few more days."

"I said I'm fine."

"Or you think you are?" I tease.

His arm wraps around my waist and he pulls me into the room, closing the door softly behind me, he presses me against it.

Taking a step closer, he wounds both his arms around me as he leans down, and his lips descend softly down onto mine,