Chapter 3

Eva

I was still curled tightly in the corner; the room had taking a stranglehold in the dark, squeezing life and consuming our memories, turning them into forgotten lost dreams.

I gulped slightly; the voices had stopped to barely whispers and to a point where I could almost control my mind again. I embraced myself tightly and pasted my body to the icy dark walls behind; I closed my eyes and tried to catch a glimpse of sleep, but had them widely open again when I heard footsteps and the sound of keys on the door.

 I embraced myself tightly and pasted my body to the icy dark walls behind; I closed my eyes and tried to catch a glimpse of sleep, but had them widely open again when I heard footsteps and the sound of keys on the door

The door opened slowly and a dark figure appeared at the threshold of the door, I couldn’t grasp who it was, because of the dimness in the room, but I could map out a man.

The figure began moving towards me, and I flinched,

“Who’s it?” I whispered, my bottom lips trembling, It doesn’t utter a word, edging gradually towards me,
“Who are you?” I yelled, but I got no reply. Soon my body was shaking with sobs. I felt the figure stoop in front of me, I could hear the rhythmically throbbing of its chest,

“Don’t be scared.” He finally spoke up as he ran his stiff fingers down my neckline, I began sobbing.

“Stop, I will scream.” I cried, and he laughed trailing its stiff fingers further down,

“No one would hear you, besides who do you think they will believe? Me or the lunatic?” He whispered, and not paying attention to its words, I began to scream at the top of my lungs,

“Help! Someone help me!” He took its hands off my neck and slapped me so hard my head snapped to the side,

“One more word from you and it would be your last..” it threatened and then cackled, “Now, this would just take a minute.” He began pulling off my blue pants, causing me to tremble, “Just close your eyes and stay still.” He pulled me up in his arms and carried me over to the mattress, throwing me on it. I struggled to get loose, “I said be still.” He warned, and with the little burst of strength left in me, I hacked myself out of his grip and ran towards the door to scream for help.

I didn’t make it far as a foot reached and kicked me in the back of my knees, causing me to fall to the ground, “Bitch!” he cursed and kicked me in my ribs with its trims. I laid limb and bare, screaming and crying.

He swooped me off the floor and threw me on the mattress again, he slapped me and began taking off my clothes, “P..Please!” I begged, He knocked his fist against my jaw, shutting me up.

I closed my mouth involuntarily, but heavy sobs still cracked my body. He pulled off my underwear, leaving me bare.

“Please.” I shut my legs tightly,

“Open your legs..” He snarled, forcing them open by weighing his body against mine,
I shook my head, screaming and with every willpower left in me I struggled, when suddenly a loud painful scream erupted in the room and the heavyweight off my abuser was lifted off me and thrown to the floor, I couldn’t grasp what it was, but I could feel another presence in the room, until I couldn’t anymore, and with my ribs aching and my eyes clouded with tears, I crawled and curled at the corner, naked and freezing up until the next morning.

The door opened slowly and with it a bright light that almost blinded me; I curled tighter to the wall and raised my hand to my head,
“Child, what did you do this time?” The familiar voice of officer Jones rushed to my limb body, “Are you okay? I warned you about that temper, it would only get you in trouble.” She cautioned and with trembling lips, I took my eyes around,

“Did you see him?” I stuttered. The room was still the same, the mattress neatly on the side as if no one had laid on it. I quickly peeked down my body and realized my clothes were back on, “the man, he...” I stuttered, shaking and terrified,

“What man? There’s no man in here. C’mon.” She pulled me off the floor, even the pains in my ribs were gone, “Let's get you cleaned up..”

I swallowed thickly and gave one last scathing look at the room. My mind empty and wondering if I had imagined it all, it felt real. I left the room and was escorted to the bathroom with other female inmates, I could hear uniform laughter as I approached them.

It felt like they were all staring at me, “Look girls, it’s the crazy chick again.” One of them yelled, yearning more laughter, I paid no attention to them, I wasn’t unfamiliar with the name calling and wondering gazes, I got used to them overtime. I stripped out of my dirty clothes and stepped into the shower stall, and as the warm water poured against my body, it reminded me of the scarred memories of the night.
I curled down to the bathroom floor and whimpered.

Vote and comment