Chapter 18

Eva

It's been an hour since we had dinner and now the boys and I are playing video game in the living room, I mean they are playing and I'm watching.

Carlos and Sonia hadn't showed up since they left, I took my eyes severally to the door wondering what they are doing?

"So, Eva?" Miles called tearing me out of my thoughts, "What brings you to Italy?" He asked and I pondered on a reasonable lie to tell him,

"Visiting."

He hummed for a while as if having doubts, "Who?" He asked again.

Fuck! I cursed mentally, before opening my mouth to speak and just in that moment Carlos appeared, saving me once again.

He groaned and plopped himself on the couch next to me.

"That took you two long enough." Miles taunted and Luiz skimmed his eyes around the room,

"Where's Sonia?" He asked.

"She left." He replied simply, before slowly bringing his eyes to me, I quickly looked away. I don't know why I'm feeling this way, it's not like anything will ever happen between us.

"Let me guess, you two had another fight?" Luiz said with a sigh, but Carlos says nothing. Not able to take it any longer I excused myself and made it out to the kitchen.

I picked up the dirty dishes and placed them into the sink and began washing them, a silly attempt to keep my mind busy.

After I was done, I wiped off the wetness with a clean towel and placed them accordingly and soon I was left with nothing else to do, but I knew I couldn't go back there.

I decided to pour myself a glass of milk and call it a day. I climbed up the stairs and walked through the halls, making into my room.

I closed the door behind and dropping the glass of milk on the side table,

I sprawled myself on the soft covers and tried to drift straight to slumber, but nothing.

I couldn't catch even a glimpse of sleep.

I rolled off the bed and made it into the bathroom to splash a little water on my face, before making it out of the room,

A little more exercise would do me good, I could still hear the boys laughing and goofing around as I made it down to the gym room. I climbed onto the boxing ring and sliding my hands into the red fight gloves,

I made contact with the heavy bag, hardly getting it to sway.

I repeat the move over and over, mentally talking myself through it as Carlos thought me, Step right, step left, Jab. I recited the mantra in my head and continued throwing punches at the stiff bag. 

I kept on pushing, making sure to throw more fire to my hits. I don't know how long I did that.

My breathing began to get heavier.

I stopped and bring my left arm across my forehead, wiping the thin sheen of sweat, before returning my attention to the bag.

I could hear the squeaky sound of the door opening, but I ignored it, concentrating on my form. I inhaled through my nose, exhaling through my mouth as my fists made contact with the heavy bag,

"Always remember to breath." I let my hands fall to my sides as I turned around to see Carlos standing there, watching me.

"Shouldn't you be with your friends?" I shot back.

"They left." He answered climbing onto the boxing ring.

He began taking gradual steps towards me and I stood there watching him curiously,

"C'mon, hit me."

I gazed at him in confusion, "What?"

"Hit me." He repeated. I snort indecisively, before making myself ready in front of him.

I punch his arm and he doesn't flinch, "Hit harder and tighten your arms, so c'mon hit me again." He orders.

I roll my eyes, "I don't know why you are making me do this-" I steady myself again and punch him again, this time adding more force to hit.

"Again."

I punched.

"Harder."

I punched repeatedly, again and again, but no matter how much force I added to the hit he doesn't flinch or even bounce back.

It was like I was punching some still object.

I thrust forward to punch him again but this time his hands shoot up and snatch my arm, "Now, I want to teach you how to do some blocks."

He paused for a bit and stares at me, "This means I am going to try to hit you and you're going to block it." He clarifies and I gulped tightly before nodding and readying myself.

"The minute you think I am going to land on your face you block, hit me let me show you."

I nodded and trusted forward hitting him, but he blocks the punch this time.

"Again."

I hit him again and he blocks.

"Now your turn."

I nodded hysterically steadying myself. Carlos hits with the aim to punch my face and immediately my arms locked in front of me in a forward 'L'.

A smirk appeared at the corner of his lips,

"Very good." he said and reels back his fist to punch me again and I block.

He hits me. I block again.

We do this again and again.

He leans down and tried to come up with his knee, he lifts his legs up to attack me and I jam my arm down blocking him.

I then turned around and ducked before he can land another on me with his fists, using my leg from below to trip him. I don't even know why I did that, But regretted it immediately as he lands on the floor with a loud thud,

"Oh my God- I'm so sorry." I rushed down to him, but instead of hissing out in pain, he began to laugh out loud.

"You must've hit your head really hard, should I call a doctor." I tell him and he shakes his head.

"I'm fine." He assured me as the humor died down a little, unexpectedly, his hand drifted to my face and tucked my lose hair gently behind my hear,

"That was good." He whispered softly.

I gulped before nodding, "Thank you." He nodded and stared at me in a very odd way,

There was unexplainable softness in his eyes a kind I have never seen before.

I quickly looked away afraid I am assuming things, but he takes his finger and turned me to him so I could meet his eyes again.

Although his eyes were soft, I noticed the feelings behind them, as if he were longing for something.

He runs his thumbs across my cheeks and I felt a warmth

He runs his thumbs across my cheeks and I felt a warmth. One that I've never experienced before. It fills my body, from head to toe, invigorating me and filling me with a strange feeling. Then he leaned his head closer to mine and I panicked.

"I-I should go." I stuttered and the next I was running out of the door.

____