Chapter 38

Eva

Aurora and I met pink at an exclusive diner to discuss the plan, "The girls and I are always down for you, Eva. You might not know this, but we owe you our lives."

"I didn't do anything," I uttered.

"After you left, Carlos came back and bought all of us out, he gave us a new life and now I and the girls are earning our own money and living our lives." She said and my heart hitched inside.

"I didn't know he did that." I stuttered, why didn't Carlos tell me?

"He's a good man, Eva. You're very lucky to have him." She smiled and I looked away from her to hide the sudden pain I felt inside, I really didn't deserve Carlos. After I save Nate I plan on running very far away from him.

"So are you in?" Aurora chimed in, understanding my turmoil, "I know it seems dangerous, but if everything goes as planned we won't be in any sort of danger."

"Sounds like fun." She grinned,

"Okay, let's go through the plan one more time." We went through the plan again and Pink paid attention, asking questions along the line,

"I would be in charge of the costumes, Dolls and the rest of the girls would be in charge of the makeup and supplies."

"Eva and I would work on getting us recruited. I'm sure we can find someone who could help get us in the club without suspension-"

As Aurora and pink indulged themselves with the plan, I began getting cold feet, realizing how dangerous this plan actually is, if we get caught. We could all get killed,

"What if-" I started but stopped myself.

"What Eva? Do you have objections?" Pink asked and I shook my head in response.

I guess I'm selfish.

"Okay, I would go purchase the costumes and we would all meet at this time tomorrow," Pink said as she got up to leave. Aurora and I thanked her once again before watching her leave.

As Pink left, Aurora grabbed my hand and gave it a tight encouraging squeeze, "Everything is going to be fine, you just have to trust it." She said and I managed a nod.

"I really hope so." I sighed.

"But I still think we should get the boys on the plan, that way we are sure of succeeding." She said and I shook my head.

"I can't, I can't handle him knowing I betrayed him. That would destroy him. It's best I get Nate and stay far away from him."

"You love him?" She exclaimed and I nodded. It took me a while to realize it, but I do love Carlos, so much.

"I had never known kindness until I met Carlos. I was brought up in foster homes, many of them. But with Carlos, I learned compassion and how to love-." I cracked and she quickly reached out and hugged me tightly,

"Everything is going to be fine." She whispered as I whimpered and sniffed on her shoulders, "When we save your brother, we would try and explain things to Carlos together." She assured me, breaking away from the hug.

I couldn't fathom why she was being nice to me. I confessed to almost killing her cousin and she still supports me, "So no more tears." She said with a jagged laugh, having me doing the same.

"Thank you." I said, "I mean for not hating me."

She shook her head,

"We girls have to stick together." She smiled and went moody for a moment as if going down memory lane, "I have to do this for Scarlet." She whispered and I shot my eyes to her.

"You were friends with Scarlet?" I asked and she nodded slightly, with a distant smile, "What happened to her?"

"Antonio made her believe they were in love and deceived her into doing almost the same things to Carlos."

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I got scared...I mean Antonio is my brother. I thought I was doing the right thing. But now It's clear he needs to be stopped or he would go about hurting more people and thinking it's okay." She uttered, but something else caught my ears.

"I thought Antonio was your cousin," I uttered and her face went pale,

"Um, Yeah, I mean Cousin. They all mean the same thing here in Italy, it's no biggie." She said in a huff. I smiled understanding, "The most important thing is stopping Antonio."

I nodded, then I took a moment debating within myself before asking her the next question, "Did Carlos really kill Scarlet?"

I didn't want to believe he did.

She went quiet and my breath hitched painfully inside, "He's going to kill me." I rasped and she rubbed my hand.

"You don't know that for sure." She tried to soothe me, "Let's just focus on saving your brother and then we can figure out a way to pacify Carlos." She said and I pulled myself together. She was right, I had to stay focused for Nate. "C' mon let's get you home."