Episode 44

"What the fuck is your deal?" Yeongsu roared as he shoved the girl who had just pushed Jimin to the floor, Namjoon behind him desperately trying to keep the him in check.

Jaebyul sank beside her new friend, trying to wake him up by calling his name and shaking his shoulders lightly.

A gentle hand fell on her shoulder, making her jump. She turned around, and was even more surprised to see the captain of the MCSC, Jeon Jungkook himself, pushing her to the side softly.

He didn't even spare her a glance as he wrapped his strong arms around Jimin and lifted him up in a second, turning around and heading to the infirmary.

A crowd of curious students had started to form, but they all took a step back when Jungkook passed through, some even lowering their eyes as he walked by.

"Yah, is Jeon Jungkook friends with that guy?" Someone whispered.

"Damn I wouldn't have made fun of him if I knew, do you think he's going to beat me up?" Someone elle answered.

Jaebyul seemed to snap out of her daze, turning back around to face Yeongsu and Namjoon, who were still arguing with the girl.

"Come to the teacher's office." Yeongsu said as he grabbed her wrist. "We'll see if they think it's okay to just slam a student to the floor."

"Sure." She said. "We'll see what they think of your little friend snooping in the girls bathroom!"

And they disappeared down the hallway.

***

Jungkook sat on the stool next to Jimin's bed, looking at the older with worried eyes.

The nurse had said Jimin had simply passed out momentarily, that it was nothing serious, and he would wake up in a few minutes at most.

But it didn't stop him from worrying.

Jungkook had been staring at Jimin from his usual table when he saw the boy's expression shift, and when he had stood up to run away, Jungkook had dashed to follow after him.

His eyes trailed across Jimin's pretty face, one of his hands rising up to gently push a strand of hair that had been caught in his lashes away.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" A voice said behind him, making him jump.

He turned around, coming face to face none other than Yang Yeongsu.

"Hyung..." he whispered.

"Yah, are you messing with my Jiminie now?" Yeongsu asked as he took threatening steps forward.

"No, no." Jungkook shook his head. "I just came to check on him."

"Since when are you interested in decent human beings?" Yeongsu scoffed, crossing his arms in front of him.

Jungkook looked down. The older was right, he had slowly started to witness that aside from Seokjin and Hoseok, who were childhood friends he didn't talk to on a daily basis, were the only friends he actually enjoyed the company of.

"Yah, stop looking like a kicked puppy it doesn't suit you." Yeongsu said, slightly concerned he had actually offended Jungkook.

"Jimin... helped me get out of a pinch. I owe him." The younger explained, looking back to the sleeping beauty next to him.

Yeongsu looked at his expression carefully, not sure if he had ever seen Jungkook look at someone so dearly.

"Seems like a little more than that to me." He mumbled.

Jungkook didn't loin away from Jimin, his heart thumping in his chest loudly, both at the sight of his crush and having to admit his feelings out loud for the first time.

"Mhm." He hummed in a sigh

"Yah," Yeongsu pulled Jungkook out of the room, both of them standing in the empty corridor. "you like Jimin?"

Jungkook bit his bottom lip and looked down, rubbing the back of his neck as he nodded.

"Then fucking tell him dipshit instead of watching him sleep like a creep." Yeongsu said with a small chuckle, patting a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Th younger looked up almost timidly, being met with Yeongsu's wide smile. He stared at him for a few seconds, just admiring his upperclassman for a few seconds.

"Hyung." He almost whispered. "I'm sorry, for being an ass."

Yeongsu's smile died down, but he kept a gentle smile as his hand shifted from Jungkook's shoulder to the top of his head.

"You're not a bad kid." He said. "You just hang around a bad crowd."

Jungkook nodded slowly, looking down at his feet as Yeongsu ruffled his hair slightly. It felt nice, to have someone older be accepting, and somewhat supporting of his feelings after him beating himself up over it for so long.

He felt like he was slowly accepting himself, and his feelings for Jimin.

"Plus if you like Jimin, you got good taste in men my guy." Yeongsu added, making Jungkook slap his hand out of his hair.

"Shut up." Jungkook mumbled.

"I'm serious though, have you seen that guy's ass? Like d-" his teasing was cut short by Jungkook suddenly trying to end him.

He quickly dodged it with a small laugh, pleased he had riled Jungkook up so much.

"But seriously man, just go for it." Yeongsu said, a little too loud for Jungkook's liking as he walked away with a dramatic wave of his hand.

Jungkook sighed and shook his head, already tired of his friend's antics, but he felt light in a way, reminiscing the feeling of Yeongsu's hand on his head.

Is this what it feels like to have an older brother or something?

A/N:
sorry this chapter is kind of rushed, I'm already behind on the update schedule and it's not even satisfying.

I was a little too hung up on writing for HIS EYES (btw go check it out) that I forgot about NSGB.

I'll try my best to get my shit back together :)