Episode 40

Happy 40th chapter!

"Jimin-ah!" His mother called as the teenager sat at his desk, textbooks sprawled around him.

"Yeah?" He answered, letting his pen drop on the paper and turning his office chair to meet her eyes.

"Could you go run an errand?" She asked. "Just the super market down the street, we're missing a few things."

Jimin sighed. "But moooom." He whined, letting his head fall back as he swirled his chair around.

"It wasn't a question, take a break or you'll worsen your vision, here's the list."

Jimin sighed again, standing up from his chair and snatching the list from her hands. Sighing loudly again and slumping his shoulders to make it very clear to his mother this annoyed him.

He walked down the stairs, plugging his earphones to his phone and starting his favourite playlist, stepping into his slides and going out.

He hooked his finger in his hair tie and slowly pulled it out of his hair, running a hand trough it and massaging his scalp. He rolled his shoulders, tense from staying in the same position for so long.

Finals were slowly coming up. He already started studying some of the material he didn't quite understand, making sure he didn't lose his title of first of his grade.

Good thing everyone else was going out with friends to celebrate the sunny weather instead of studying.

He wondered if Jungkook had trouble studying.

He entered the small convenience store, greeting the cashiere who was playing mobile games on her phone, before he scooped the list from his pocket and grabbed a basket.

A few elderly ladies shot him judging looks as he passed by because of his apparent tattoos, but he didn't make anything of it. He was used to people looking at him anyways.

"Jimin!" Someone called out, and he turned around to meet the friendly eyes and large smile of Taehyung.

"Oh! hey Taehyung." Jimin smiled, waiting for the other to catch up to him.

"Running an errand?" Taehyung alsed, to which Jimin nodded.

"How's Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

"Better. I don't know what spell you put on him, but seems like he's starting to grow a heart." Taehyung joked.

Jimin laughed, reaching in the aisle for some sesame oil.

"Maybe."

His thoughts drifted to the tears Jungkook had spilt on his shirt a few days prior.

Despite the closeness he had felt then, it still didn't change Jungkook's attitude at school. It was a pity he reverted back to his old ways whenever with his friends.

Jimin wasn't sure why Jungkook seemed to like showing up at his house unannounced, but he didn't mind. Jungkook was someone he wanted to help, especially after he had cried so hard.

The Sailor Moon drawing was now stuck to his wall, next to his door, and he'd smile every time he saw it before leaving for school.

"Does Jungkook's dad hate him or something?" Jimin suddenly asked as Taehyung was checking a label.

The younger looked at him shortly, before raising his eyes to the ceiling, humming slightly as he thought.

"I don't think so. But let's say... he doesn't love Jungkook as a son either."

Jimin tilted his head to the side, curious.

"Well," Taehyung continued. "I don't know much because Jungkook is one closed off kid, but I'm pretty sure they aren't close. I mean Jungkook's been living with us for... about a month now."

Jimin nodded.

"Has he been paying for his life expenses?" He asked.

Taehyung raised a brow. "Are you an undercover cop or something? What's up with all the questions?" He joked.

Jimin laughed along, but he knew Taehyung actually ment that cold stare despite his joke.

Perhaps he had pried too much.

"No, just curious about something." Jimin answered, shrugging his shoulders softly and resuming his shopping.

"What?" Taehyung asked, not hiding his hostility anymore as the words left his tongue harshly.

"Why five guys were beating him up in an alleyway." There was no point lying, Taehyung probably wouldn't buy it and it would make him even more suspicious.

"What?" Taehyung seemed completely unaware, his glare softened and his shoulders slumped down slowly.

"You didn't notice he was all bruised up last week?"

"Well I did, but I thought it was from practice..." He looked completely down now, eyes clouded with worry.

"So, does he pay for his living expenses?" Jimin pressed, sensing that Taehyung finally had his guard down.

"Well, not formally, but he does pay for groceries sometimes." Taehyung answered, now biting at his lip.

"And he doesn't have a part time job?" Jimin asked.

Taehyung shook his head.

"Wait, are you seriously a cop? Is Jungkook in trouble?" He suddenly asked.

"No, of course not." Jimin assured, trying to disperse the tense atmosphere that had built up around them.

A/N:
hey everyone!
Sorry for updating this later than planned.
I attended a summer course and had a final today so I didn't really have the time to 'edit' the chapter. Hope everything is well with you all,

also I wanted to add that this book is totally open to suggestions if you have any :)