Episode 65

Jungkook paced through the hallways of the school, students getting out of his way as soon as they met his distressed eyes.

He racked his mind for any place he could possibly find his boyfriend.

All his thoughts and feelings were mashing together, questions arising whose answers he couldn't find no matter how hard he tried.

Where was Jimin? Why has he ran away? Why did he never tell him anything? Should he have asked?

Jungkook felt stupid for never trying to learn anything new about Jimin. Since they had started dating, he had been so worried to cross the line and have Jimin break up with him that it paralysed him.

He was weary of initiating anything, touching him, asking him about anything he knew would be a touchy subject. The things Jimin never openly discussed.

Like which middle school he went to, why he suddenly stiffened every time Checkmate was mentioned, why he hated being called a monster, why he never fought back against Hansol and Leemin...

Deep down, Jungkook felt like he knew all along. He knew Jimin had been the one to do those things to Minjung. All the clues where there.

He had spoken to Seokjin and Hoseok about the rumours surround him, had overheard Yoongi and Taehyung talk about his time in the detention centre, had seen Minjung's reactions every time he mentioned his name.

He had just been too scared to piece them together, had clung to the glimmer of hope that Jimin truly was this constantly smiling person that he had always known, whom he had feelings for.

The one who had helped him get out of his own dark pass. How could Jimin, who had taught him everything he knew about how to handle his anger, express weakness and kindness to others, be the person the media constantly accused of the cruelest of acts?

He stopped in the middle of the school, completely out of breath as he ran a hand through his hair.

Suddenly a place came to mind, the place he had first met Jimin.

And he ran again, dodging the students and teachers as their heads snapped his way, hearing the distant yells of adults ordering him not to run in the hallways.

He jumped up the stairs, skipping the steps as fast as his long legs could allow and threw the door open, quickly looking around.

"Yah, Park Jimin!" He called as soon as his eyes fell on the boy, crouched with his head buried in his arms.

Jungkook took a few heavy steps to him before falling to his knees harshly.

The older lifted his head slowly, eyes peering at him from under the long strands of his hand.

Jungkook was angry. At himself, for not acting sooner, at Jimin for not telling him. But as his eyes fell on the older, he took a deep breath, swallowing back all his questions and instead making sure Jimin was alright.

"Why did you run away?" He asked gently.

Jimin hesitated, eyes looking into the younger's intently, evidently afraid.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Yah Jimin," Jungkook said tiredly. "You don't need to hold your breath anymore, mhm?"

Jimin's eyes clouded with tears, breath hitching in his throat as Jungkook crouched down in front of him.

"You don't need to feel like you need to help me all the time, it goes both way." Jungkook said, leaning closer and cupping both of Jimin's cheeks in his warm hands. "I'm your boyfriend, we're a team."

Jimin's eyes fluttered shut, a tear falling past his lashes and rolling down his cheek before Jungkook's thumb wiped it away gently. He took a few shaky breaths, seemingly trying to control himself, before his expression suddenly contorted again and a pain sob broke from his lips.

Jungkook smiled softly, settling to sit criss crossed, then wrapped arm around Jimin's smaller frame and pulling him to sit across his lap. Jungkook held Jimin tightly as he sobbed, running one of his through Jimin's hair as the other rubbed up and down the side his thigh soothingly.

It felt foreign to be the one comforting Jimin, and for what felt like the first time he realised how much shorter and smaller Jimin was compared to him.

He always had this presence. Despite always being teased for his height, Jimin had an aura that largely compensated for it.

"We got this, Jimin," he whispered, to which the younger choked out another sob.

Jimin wiggled out of his holds only to wrap his arms around Jungkook and reciprocate the embrace, settling to straddle Jungkook's lap, arms around his shoulders and Jungkook's large hands went up and down his back.

He sniffled.

"Since when are you so good at comforting people?" Jimin asked, wiping his tears.

Jungkook chuckled.

"I had a good teacher," he said softly.

Jimin chuckled after him, loosening the hug slightly to face him.

"Thanks Kookie," he said, a weak smile twitching at his lips.

Jungkook smiled, one of his hands going up to his face to wipe the remainder of his tears, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear before settling to rest against his neck. The other arm still wrapped around his waist loosely.

"Ah look at you, being cute again," he said.

"Shut up," Jimin answered, feeling his insides bubble as he looked at the younger's face so close to his own, felt his hands touching him so gently.

"I really like you, Jungkook," he couldn't help but say.

Jungkook's eyebrows shot up, a goofy smile pulling at his lips as he looked down.

"Yah," Jimin called, trying to meet Jungkook's eyes again. "Why're you getting shy?"

"You've never said that before," Jungkook said.

"What?"

"You've never said that before." He repeated. "That you like me."

"Really? I never told you that I liked you?" Jimin asked, completely shocked.

Jungkook shook his head.

Jimin chuckled slightly, before leaning closer to place a soft kiss on Jungkook's lips.

"I like you," he said again.

"Ah stop it!" Jungkook said, blushing madly as he smiled dumbly.

Jimin chuckled again, looking at Jungkook fondly, still questioning why he had such an effect on someone else. How lucky he was to have the person he liked have the same feelings for him.

"Thank you," Jimin said. "For forgiving me."

Jungkook's eyes locked into his, and he nodding.

"Thank you, for forgiving me too."

A/N:

guys I watched the drama called "the smile has left your eyes" and it literally broke me, like,,,
I'll never get over it

hope you liked the chapter though, love to read your supportive comments !

Thank you so much :))