Episode 31

"Welcome back, Jimin-ah." The smooth, deep voice of Dr Yoobin said as Jimin bowed down to him. "Take a seat."

Jimin sat down in the comfortable sofa in the therapist's office, having forgotten just how plus its cushions felt. He took the time to look around, noting the things that had changed since he had last been there three years ago. (Oh, he has new photo frames on his desk.)

"I heard your aggressivity issues have been coming back lately." Yoobin said, looking down to the clipboard he was holding as he sat down in a chair in front of Jimin. "Have you been taking your medication regularly?"

"Yes." Jimin answered, looking opposite the therapist, to the open window that gave him a broad view of the sky.

"Is there anything happening at school or at home, that could have led to the outburst you had?"

Jimin sighed, closing his eyes softly. He let himself go momentarily, imagining his spirit floating out of his body and looking at him talk from the outside, as if he was viewing the scene from someone else's eyes.

He told the doctor how he had been getting bullied at school for no apparent reason, how he was frustrated because he couldn't land the tricks he wanted to, how he wanted to fight back but didn't want to hurt anyone anymore.

The doctor listened to his words carefully, looking at the young boy as he looked out the window, something he always did whenever they had their sessions.

He remembered the first time he had met Jimin, when he was still detained and got sent to isolation for lashing out at a gard. How closed off Jimin was, how cold his glare had been.

Of course it was to be expected when treating 'problem children', especially ones as aggressive as Jimin. Dr Yoobin had seen countless kids just like him throughout his career, had sometimes failed at his job of helping them.

But Jimin had slowly let himself be vulnerable in front of the doctor, and now expressed anything that was on his mind fluently and without hesitation.

"As your mother said, you should definitely talk to your teacher about what happened with your classmates. The fact that you are strong and can defend yourself doesn't lighten the fact you got physically assaulted by them."

"I know." Jimin answered. "But i don't want to talk to my teacher because they would see my piercing and ask me to take it out."

Yoobin chuckled slightly, looking down at his clipboard shortly, unable to wrap his head around the fact that that was Jimin's sole reason for not seeking help.

"Jimin, is that really important to you?"

"Of course! I payed for it, i don't want my money to go to waste." Jimin suddenly turned to the doctor, their eyes meeting for a split second.

Those eyes looked much healthier than they had three years back. They weren't as red and held a glittery shine to them.

"Well, why don't you write your teacher a note then?"

"It's fine, they got scolded recently and haven't been physical with me lately." Jimin shrugged, closing his eyes. "Has anyone mentioned how comfortable this couch is by the way."

"They don't have to get physically for it to be called bullying JImin." Ignoring Jimin's mediocre attempt at changing the subject.

Jimin sighed and crossed both of his hands against his chest.

"For now, try to get involved with them as less as possible. If they still bother you, let someone know, even if it isn't a teacher, that way you don't have to keep everything in, okay?"

Jimin nodded. The therapist nodded as well, placing his clipboard on the small coffee table between them, right next to the box of tissues that came in handy more often than not, and looked back to his patient.

"What makes you smile these days, Jimin?"

"Well, I made friends lately." Jimin answered, a soft smile pulling at his lips making the doctor smile as well.

"Tell me about them."

"Yeongsu, Jaebyul and Namjoon." He said, before chuckling. "And there's Jungkook."

"I feel like Jungkook is somewhat special?" Dr Yoobin asked, a small smirk playing at his lips. He'd seen the way Jimin opened his eyes and looked at the window again.

"Well, we aren't exactly friends? He's in my class too and he's just really cute. He tries to be all tough and serious, but when i tease him he gets really flustered."

Yoobin chuckled, it was refreshing to see Jimin smile, eyes glowing fondly as he looked out the window. He was looking forward to hearing his patient talk about Jungkook more, just to see those glittery eyes again.

A/N:

this chapter is so boring I'm sorry.

On a positive note: i graduated last week yay!

How about you guys? Did you finish your years smoothly despite the corona virus?