Episode 64

It was lunchtime, Minjung had finally managed to escape from all the students swarming around him and asking questions about the members of Checkmate, the Kpop group he was a part of, whether or not he would be promoting with them again, if he could deliver letters and presents to them, if he would take pictures and sign autographs...

He was exhausted. Minjung was never used to having so much positive attention surrounding him. The only memories he had from school were of him being ostracized, bullied and lonely.

Getting used to being surrounded by people who loved him would probably take him a couple of weeks, and in the meantime he had decided to wait the lunchbreak out in the library, away from all the chaos.

There was only one other person in the aisle, a rather short boy with his full uniform neatly worn and long hair framing his face, falling onto his shoulders. He wore glasses that Minjung could barely distinguish behind his bangs.

He was suddenly reminded of the talk he had had with the girls of the class, guessing that the boy must have been the infamous Jimin he had heard so much about. He had been worried that he would have to face the boy behind his deepest trauma, but from the descriptions he had had and the look of the boy in front of him,  he was no longer worried.

In fact he was happy to know someone who shared the same name as him was suffering, it made him feel a guilty sense of power. He wondered if this Jimin was the same Jimin Jungkook had spoken so much about, and suddenly he felt even more guilty for his thoughts.

He was about to walk up to him and offer a friendly smile, but froze in his steps.

The boy reached up, stretching his whole body in order to reach the last shelf, and his shirt sleeve rid down his arm slightly, revealing the ink on the skin of his wrist and forearm.

A bright red coy fish's tale, seeming to move as if it wanted to hide quickly behind the sleeve again.

But it was too late, Minjung had seen, and now all his thoughts were jamming incoherently, all overpowered by the memory of that same arm raising in front of his eyes and slamming a fist on his face.

Park Jimin was there, right in front of him.

"Jimin-ah," someone called behind him, and suddenly a familiar classmate ran from behind him to reach Jimin.

Jimin turned their way, smiling at Jungkook before his eyes fell on Minjung's petrified figure.

"Oh, Minjung-ah," Jungkook called as well, taking ahold of Jimin's hand and pulling him towards Minjung.

"Jimin, this is the friend I was telling you about. And Minjung, this is Jimin, my boyfriend," Jungkook said.

Minjung was terrified. Jimin was so close.

He had clearly changed, his hair was completely out grown and he could barely hold his gaze. Where was the Jimin he knew? The cocky bastard who wouldn't hesitate a second to hurt people, either with his words or his fists.

"I have to go," Jimin whispered, bowing to Minjung deeply before running away.

"Jimin-ah!" Jungkook called, but the older did not turn back.

"Sorry Minjung," he said, "I don't what's up with him, he's not usually like this."

"That's your boyfriend?" Minjung asked, finally starting to feel control over his own body again.

"Yeah." Jungkook smiled.

"Listen you," Minjung began, hands still shaking. "You should really be careful of Jimin. He's... He's dangerous Jungkook."

"What?" Jungkook laughed. "Jimin is strong and knows how to fight but trust me he's the sweetest person I've ever met."

"He's lying!" Minjung suddenly exclaimed. "I don't know why he's doing this to you but he's tricking you! There's no way Jimin would-"

"Hey," Jungkook said. "There probably a misunderstanding, Jimin isn't like th-"

"There's no mistake," Minjung said. "Jimin is a monster and you really don't want anything to do with him."

Jungkook suddenly frowned, memories of the words leaving Jimin's mouth when he had his occasional self loathing moments coming to his mind. He doubted Minjung was trying to be malicious from his words, he seemed sincere from the way he spoke. But he couldn't forget all the things he had done.

He had been a terrible person, and Jimin had been the one to help him grow out of it. If Jimin could have enough empathy to believe in him, so could he.

"I'm sorry," he said, voice suddenly less friendly. "No matter what happened between you and Jimin, I believe in second chances, and if you don't, I suggest you don't talk to me anymore. Just ask around, I'm a monster too."

And with that he walked away.

A/N:

hey everyone!!

I'm back from my exams and ready to continue my stories,

thank you so much for all the support I have receive during my little break ;)