Episode 34

Jimin was walking home from school, hands gripping his backpack straps as he tried his best not to suffocate in his warm cardigan.

The end of the second term was slowly nearing, and with it, the beginning of spring break. Temperatures seemed at all time high despite it being late in the afternoon.

Everyday was torture. Jimin was almost panting during classes, walking only made it worse. Sweat was dripping down his face and waves of nausea was washing over him regularly.

Trying to drink more water was his only way of coping, but it could only do so much...

He passed an alleyway, noticing some scrambling. Already being tired from both school and the heat, he wasn't going to jump in. Until he heard a soft cry for help.

"Save me" it said, in a voice so desperate it made Jimin's heart churn.

He didn't hesitate, and dove inside the alleyway, tightening the straps on his bag for it to be flush against his back.

There was a cluster of men probably in their thirties and forties, all in a semi-circle facing the wall, looking down.

"Excuse me?" Jimin called out, running a hand through his hair.

He was already regretting this. All these men seemed heavy and confident in their abilities. Jimin counted five.

One of them turned around, revealing the body of a crouched boy, his hands in front of his face in a protective manner.

He recognised his school uniform.

"What do you want, student?" One of them asked, spitting his words proudly both hands in his pockets and looking down at him.

Jimin held his gaze for a few seconds, noticing the way the man's gaze slowly hardened into a glare.

Definitely a superiority complex. He thought, carefully casting his gaze on the ground.

"C-could you please let my friend go." He asked, purposely making his voice soft and shaky.

The high schooler looked up from between his hands, revealing a bruised up face that he recognised all too well.

Jeon Jungkook.

***

The boy rolled his eyes with a quiet sigh. And there he thought his tourment would stop, someone would save him. But alas, it was just Jimin trying to stand up for him.

Not that he didn't appreciate Jimin's selflessness, there was just no way the nerd would get him out of this one.

Looking at him, Jungkook felt a slight sting of pity and guilt. He looked so vulnerable with his hands clutching his backpack straps, and his shy eyes.

Poor guy. He thought.

"Aww, if it isn't cute." One of the men cooed as he took a step closer to Jimin, grabbing a fist full of his hair and yanking it out of his face.

Jungkook's heart tightened at his features, those fair features that made him look like some kind of porcelain doll.

Ah maybe I hit my head a little too hard...

"Baby boy is trying to stand up for his friend."

Jungkook expected fear in his eyes, but as the man held up his hair, only a dark stare remained. Condescending almost, looking straight through the elders own eyes.

"What're you going to do huh?" And with that, he wrapped a hand around Jimin's neck, pressing against his air pipes.

Jungkook panicked silently, hoping something would get Jimin out of his mess. Anything.

He knew his father's friends were terrible people but he would never have deemed them capable of hurting a minor for no reason.

His eyes darted back to Jimin, whose hand rose up to the older man's, grabbing ahold of his thumb and pealing the hand off is neck in one swift motion, as if it were a bandaid.

He glared at the man, running a hand through his hair, his dark eyes peeking from under his bangs again and making a chill go down Jungkook's spine.

"Jungkook-ah." He called, voice suddenly fair and relaxed. "Get up."

Jungkook looked astonished, looking at his classmate who essentially seemed like a completely different person. He's hot.

Another man approached Jimin.

"Yah! You think you make the rules huh?" He spat in the boy's face, shoving him.

Jimin took a few steps back, stumbling slightly, but his gaze didn't falter.

One of the men took a swing at his face, but he dodged, yelling for Jungkook to get up again. This time, it was enough for him to jump to his feat and grab his bag.

Two men went for Jimin at the same time, the boy managing one of them, though he received a punch square in the jaw from the other. The ring the man was wearing painfully digging on the side of his face

He shook his head slightly, getting back to his senses quickly and landing an upercut at the man. Jungkook ran next to him, blocking a third man trying to kick his knee out of place.

As soon as Jungkook was standing next to him, although in a fighting stance, he grabbed his hands and bolted the opposite way.

"Run!" he yelled squeezing his hand in his own and pulling him away.

They heard yells behind them, but kept running, until Jimin pulled him to a sharp turn. Jungkook was flooded in relief, recognising Jimin's neighbourhood just before he was shoved inside a house, the door slamming behind him.

The two panted, both of their fingers still unknowingly laced.

Jimin ran a hand through his hair, then poking at his chin and looking down at his bloodied fingertips.

All under the dazed eyes of Jungkook.

"Does that mean he really went to a child detention center?" The eldest asked.

The conversation with Seokjin and Hoseok replayed in his mind. Who the hell even is this guy? I thought he was just some tatted up nerd who likes anime.

A/N:
I leave y'all for 2 weeks and now I have 12k notifs ?!!

Wild