Episode 18

"Jungkook!" Taehyung yelled as he rushed out of the bar behind his friend, trying to catch up to him as he walked hastily away from him. "Come back."

Jungkook shoved Taehyung's hand, that had tacked onto his shoulder, away.

"Why are you even mad?" Taehyung pouted as he rolled his eyes. "Chill, oh my god."

The younger whipped around, getting into Taehyung's face as he glared at him, anger burning in the pit of his eyes.

"No Taehyung, I won't chill when your fucking brother can't talk about anything but my dad." He yelled, Taehyung looking at him with unimpressed eyes.

"Jungkook. He mentioned him, one time."

But the younger didn't want to hear any of it, simply clicking his tongue and looking away.

"Well it was one too much." He groaned, to which Taehyung rolled his eyes, shoving keys in his pocket.

"Then go throw your little tantrum somewhere and come back whenever you've cooled down." He said, patting Jungkook's shoulders and walking back into the bar.

Jungkook wanted to rush to him and tear his skull open. But Taehyung knew very well there was absolutely no use to trying to talk some sense into Jungkook when he was mad, it just irritated him further.

They'd learned to know each other pretty well, having been in the same class for most of their primary education. Taehyung was one of the very few people who put up with his temper, along with Hoseok and Seokjin.

He stomped off, brooding on his anger as his heavy stomps led him to the banks of the Han river.

The smug face of Taehyung's brother appeared in his mind again, mentioning his daddy issues like he wrath himself had possessed him to make Jungkook lose control.

He kicked a piece of gravel, swinging the umbrella he'd stolen from Taehyung in his hand as he looked up to the light gray clouds that blocked out the warm light from the sun.

"Jungkook-ah" His father slurred as he stumbled into the apartment, clothes dripping with water as he stained the floor.

Jungkook looked up from the drawing he'd been sketching out and quickly shuffled to hide it under his mattress, locking the door to his room as he heard the heavy steps in the small corridor.

His father hated every single one of his hobbies, may it be drawing or singing, forcing Taekwondo on him instead. It was something more "worthwhile", apparently.

"Yah!" He almost yelled. "Kid! I got you a new protein shake formula."

Jungkook heard him cough a few times as he groaned, his door shaking in the frame slightly, probably because his heavy father had stumbled into it.

He knew his father wouldn't do anything to hurt him physically, even out of his mind he knew very well he'd trained his son to be a dangerous fighter and wouldn't dare initiate a fight.

But Jungkook hated to see his father drunk, and anyone at that. It scared him to see people lose control over their words and bodies because their neurotransmitters were blocked by the alcohol in their veins.

So he climbed into his bed, the springs in it whining at his weight as curled into the covers, slowly humming a soft tune to himself in an attempt to drown out the shuffling of his intoxicated father.

Jungkook looked down to the pavement as he felt the tears brim his eyes,wiping at them as quickly as they surfaced.

He kept walking down the path near the river, looking at the waters before his eyes caught a large cardboard box placed on the side of the walk.

Curious, he trotted towards the said box, eyes softening and heart melting at the sight of the seven kittens smuggling within the box. Slowly bending down to a squat and placing the umbrella on the ground next to him, letting a soft smile grace his lips as his calloused hands reached for one of them.

It seemed to shy away slightly, before Jungkook gently caressed the side of his ear. The calico cat closed its light blue eyes to snuggle closer to Jungkook's touch, emitting a soft pur.

Jungkook chuckled, petting the top of the cats head as he felt it push into his palm more. Seeing this, the other kittens crowded around his hand, mewling desperately for some attention of their own.

A soft laugh left his lip as he reached his other hand out to them, trying his best to pet each of them in turns, admiring the different patterns of their tri coloured fur.

The wholesome moment was cut short when a low rumble of thunder broke through the sky and a few cold droplets of rain fell down Jungkook's nape.

Without any hesitation, he opened the umbrella to place it over the kittens' box.

A/N:
been in lockdown for like a month and now I just want a group hug yk?

I miss being around a lot of people and sharing laughing fits...

what do you miss?