Episode 33

"Taehyung-ah?" Yoongi's raspy voice called into the appartement. "I'm home."

He quickly kicked his shoes off, throwing his backpack next to them and entering deeper into the quiet space.

Judging from all the lights being turned off and the silence enveloping the room, his brother must have already been asleep.

A yawn left his slightly chapped lips, making a short stop by the bathroom to wash the smell of alcohol and sweaty dancers of his skin.

He'd seen Jungkook's dad again during his shift. The man wasn't as loud and obnoxious as the usual, with his laughing coughs and greetings to his friends from the other side of the bar.

Instead he had kept to himself, slowly drowning shot after shot as he glared at nowhere in particular.

Maybe it is something to do with the fact his son had ran off with a stack of his money almost two weeks prior.

Mon Yoongi didn't care. He had given up on trying to reason with abusive people.

As he opened his bedroom door, he was surprised to see his brother, curled up under his covers and holding one of his pillows.

Now Taehyung sleeping in his bed wasn't that much of a surprise, because as much as Yoongi hated it, it was a habit of Taehyung to sleep in his bed when he felt lonely.

What was however, were th tremors that shook trough his body and the soft, muffled whimpers that left his lips.

"Yah! Honey, stop!" A yell tipped through the house as the drunkard held onto the weeping woman's shoulder.

The two children watched with afraid eyes as he slurred words barely comprehensible.

Their family had been miserable for a few years, counting each and every penny and barely making it through each month.

Mister Kim had wanted to earn more money for his wife and children, so he had set off, all of their savings in his pocket, without a word to his partner.

He had lost the gamble, and all of their money with it, leaving them completely broke.

He had gone out with friends after a huge fight with Mrs Kim, and had come home completely drunk.

"Stop this!" The woman sobbed. "You took everything from us!"

"I was trying to help you!"

"You didn't!"

She buried her tears eyes in her hands as he looked at her, bewildered.

He rose his hand to her head and crashed his palm against her cheek heavily, shocking all of them completely.

"I worked..." He slurred. "My whole life for you. How could you say that."

As he spoke, more and more flailing libs flew in his wife's direction, the woman trying to reason with him and shielding her face with her hands.

The thirteen year old Taehyung watched with wife eyes, before his older brother's hand shielded his vision and only the sound of his mother's cries remained.

He heard the clinking of an alcohol bottle, and that's when his young mind snapped.

Taehyung ripped Yoongi's hand away from his face, diving for another one of the soju bottles laying around and grabbing his father's arm.

His mother espaces out of the scene as soon as she could, running to her room and locking it.

Before Yoongi had the time to stop him, Taehyung crashed the bottle against his father's head, the green glass shattering and falling on the ground.

The young teen didn't stop there, grabbing a hold of his disoriented father's shoulder and stabbing the broken bottle into his abdomen repeatedly, only stopping when his brother's hand wrapped around him and pulled him away.

He yelled historically, flailing his arms madly as a limp body fell to the ground, blood oozing out of his body.

Both brothers looked in horror and realisation at the pool of blood slowly staining the carpet, Taehyung looking down to his matching red hands.
They slowly started shaking.

Yoongi rushes his phone out of his pocket, dialling the emergency survices.

He turned to his brother before calling, scared eyes boring into his as both of his hands weighed on the younger's shoulders.

"You didn't see anything, you understand? You were out playing along Han river when this happened." He said.

"But hyung-" his voice shook as his lower lip warbled, eyes flooded by tears.

"But nothing!" Yoongi yelled, making his brother jolt. "I'm the one who did this alright, you didn't see anything, you don't know anything."

Taehyung nodded. The rest of the night was a blur. The paramedics arrived, their father was declared dead from excessive blood loss, their mother was taken to the hospital and his brother was handcuffed and shoved into a police car.

"Taehyung!"

The boy jolted our of his sleep, sweat glistening under his bangs and eyes looking around, terrified before they fell in his older brother.

"It's okay Tae." He whispered, slowly bringing his brother into a hug. "It was a bad dream, you're okay. We're okay."

Taehyung nodded slowly, breath still shaky, both of his arms wrapping around Yoongi's waist gently.

"We're safe" Yoongi said, stroking Taehyung hair gently.

A/N:

not a lot of jikook lately (oops- 'plot' got in the way).

I promise there will be some more "romance" in the best few chapters :)

Thank you so much for the support! Love you and see you in two weeks my friends<3