Daveed Diggs - J. N.

[A/N: Just a quick heads up, I'm not a fan of Hamilton, nor have I watched the movie/musical. I mean, I like musicals but Hamilton just never clicked with me]

Ever since I turned sixteen, I moved out my parent's house from New York and went to Los Angeles.

It's nice to have some alone time by myself, that way I learned how to be independent. During my quest alone in LA, I bumped into one of the famous actors in Nickelodeon, Jace Norman. Things went on from there between us and after being friends for nearly two years, we took things to the next level and started dating.

I have told my dad about Jace and he seems alright with it. He made sure both Jace and I have free schedules before he suddenly bought a plate ticket to New York because he wants to meet Jace.

"You'll be fine, ok? Dad likes you, when I told him about you and how much you made me smile, he says he's just waiting for us to get together... And we did!" I encouraged Jace as I held his hand.

Jace is not afraid of my dad. They have talked over the phone a couple of times and I think they're getting along. "I am fine, princess. Just nervous cause this is the first time I'll meet your dad," Jace replies while squeezing my hand.

Yesterday we just arrived in NYC and explored the city for a while. Today, dad is filming the new movie, Hamilton and I'm taking Jace there to meet dad.

"You'll be fine," I repeated and kisses his cheek for reassurance. Jace calmed down and I smiled.

We reached the building and I paid the cab driver. I held onto Jace's arm as we entered the building. We were immediately escorted to where my dad is filming and found him in the middle of one of his scenes.

"Y/N!" I turned around and saw Jonathan Groff approaching me with his arms open. "Hey," I said and we shared a quick hug. "Wow I haven't seen you in a while," he said.

I raised an eyebrow at him with a slight smirk. "I was just here in New York last month," I stated. "Yeah well..." he shrugged.

"Y/N! Hey," Lin-Manuel greets us and also gave me a hug. "Sup," I smiled.

I can see my dad, Daveed, saw me and so I waved at him. "We gotta go," I told the two gentlemen and dragged Jace with me to where my dad is standing. "Hey! Who's the dude?" Lin called behind us. "I don't need your judgement! Shut up," I playfully called. I hear Jace's slight chuckle behind me and we're finally standing in front of my father.

"Hey dad," I smiled. "Hey kiddo. I missed you," dad greeted me. He hands his script to his PA and hugged me tight. "Wow, you're all grown up," he said.

I groaned while playfully rolling my eyes. "Dad you FaceTime me every other night, and I was just here last month," I said. "Yeah I know kiddo. I just miss seeing you," dad said while ruffling my hair. I scoffed at him before pulling Jace beside me.

"Wait, is this Jace? This is him, right?" Dad says while pointing a finger at Jace. "Yeah dad. Dad, this is Jace Norman. Jace this is Daveed," I introduced.

"Hello sir. It's a pleasure to finally meet you personally," Jace said while extending his hand to my father. Dad smiled and shook his hand in return, "Hello Jace. Thank you for taking care of my daughter," dad smiled. Jace looks like a huge weight was lifted off of him and it made me smile.

"Y/N," dad said.

"What?"

"Can you buy us something from Starbucks? My treat," he added while handing a hundred dollar bill. "Dad," I whined, "Are you trying to get rid of me do you can have the "protective dad" speech on Jace?"

Dad smiled. "Maybe," he shrugged, "But other than that I can actually get some Starbucks."

I sighed and turned to Jace. "Are you gonna be fine on your own?"

"Yeah," Jace nodded his head. I stood on my tip toes and pressed a kiss on Jace's cheek before waving at the two and left.

I walked past Jonathan on my way out. "Hey uhm I'm gonna go to Starbucks real quick. If dad does something bad to Jace, punch my dad in the face, please," I whispered.

"What? Are you insane--"

"I'll buy you Starbucks"

"Fine," Jonathan agreed.

I smiled appreciatively at him before leaving the building.

Henry's POV

I awkwardly stood in front of Mr Diggs. We watched as Y/N whispered something to Jonathan before leaving the building.

"You know... I really like you, Jace, I just gotta get that out," Daveed began as we walked to a chair and took a seat. "Back when you two were still friends, she talks to positively about you, I can already tell that she likes you. When she said that you two are dating, I couldn't be more happy."

I smiled at him and felt relief.

"I trust you, Jace, to treat her well, to never break her heart," Daveed added.

"I promise sir. I won't break your trust," I swore. I love Y/N too much to even do something that could potentially make her cry.

"Alright Jace," Daveed smiled.

We talked to each other and soon we're already laughing at each other's jokes.

"Awe"

We turn our head to look at Y/N who's holding a tray of Starbucks drinks in one hand, while the other holds a bag with food. "Hey," Daveed and I greeted. Jonathan walks behind Y/N and smiled at us. "Here's your drink Jonathan," Y/N motions to one of the drinks as Jonathan gladly took the cup. "Thanks kiddo," he smiled while patting her head and walked away when the directors called him.

Y/N gave Daveed and I our drinks before she sat on my lap. "You do realize that there's an empty chair beside me, right?" I smirked.

"Yeah I know," she nonchalantly replied while shrugging her shoulders. I playfully rolled my eyes at her but leaned forward to kiss her cheek.

"You two are so cute. STOP!" Daveed groaned and fake puked, before pulling out his phone and snapped a picture of us.

Y/N flipped her dad while sticking her tongue out at him. I laughed at her childishness.

For the rest of the day, Y/N and I stayed around set and watched the actors play their role and perform the musical.

Daveed and I got close, to the point he's calling me "son" now. Y/N is also glad her father and I are getting along so well.

This day couldn't be any better.

------------------

This was requested by: SavanahRiker

Hope you guys like this imagine.

Stay safe, I love you all

💗💗💗