Abusive - H. H.

Y/N's POV

"When are you gonna do things right in this house? You're such a disgrace and a disappointment," my father hissed at me, with every word his grip on my arm tightened as he slammed me harder against the wall. "I wish you were the one who died and not your mom," he added and punched me in the face.

I managed to whimper out a soft "I'm so sorry papa" to him. Father growled and finally released his hold on me but not before kicking my stomach and slapping my face.

I slid down the wall and cried into my knees.

My life has been like this ever since mom died. Dad blamed me for mom's death and have been abusing me since then. Dad's also alcoholic and doesn't work anymore. When I turned 13, I started looking for jobs along with my friend Henry Hart. Unlike him, I didn't think working at Junk 'N Stuff was enough so I searched for a different job.

Now I'm a sixteen year old girl with three jobs in total and is still a High School Student. I never told my friends about my abusive father because I know they'll call the cops on him. As much as I want to get rid of my dreadful father, he's the only family I have.

I cried for a couple more minutes as I sunk my long nails onto my skin until I marked myself. I got up and washed the blood off my arm and applied make up on the hand mark on my face.

I grabbed a long sleeved shirt and wore it to cover up the bruise on my arm.

Once I was satisfied that no one will notice my marks, I grabbed my bag and walked to school.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books and closed the door. "Aahh!! I screamed at the sight of Henry Hart standing by my locker. "Don't scare me like that," I breathed. "Sorry Y/N," Henry chuckles and took a step closer to me. I leaned against the lockers and smiled at him, "What's up?"

"Nothing much, you?"

I bit my lip, "I'm good."

"Uhm... I just gotta ask these last few weeks we haven't seen you in class a lot," Henry mumbled as he tried to be careful with his words. "Is something going on?"

I'm fully aware that my absences are a lot now. Before I just skipped a class or two to work but recently, I would either not show up in the morning or afternoon. Sometimes I wouldn't show up.

Charlotte, Henry and Jasper have my back, lending my their notes and updating me with assignments. They asked me this question before but I made up a bunch of excuses.

"A lot happened at home. Dad needs me to help him around," I lied and bit my tongue. Henry nods his head but I can tell he's not buying it.

"Let's go to class," I said and dragged him to our first lesson of the day. Chemistry. Henry and I sat next to each other and a few minutes later the bell rang.

Henry's POV

It took me all my might to stay awake for the entire day.

In the afternoon, it was a shock to us that Y/N disappeared and never returned. Charlotte, Jasper and I are worried about her. She's been zoning around a lot and is always not around at school.

Her absences are more than mine, and I'm a part time superhero sidekick!

At the end of the day, I left school with my two other friends and went to Junk 'N Stuff.

"Have you talked to Y/N lately?" Charlotte asked me. "Yeah," I mumbled. "And?"

"She uhh... Said that her dad needs him around at home," I repeated her words. "That's a total lie," Charlotte scoffed. "I know. She shuts herself off from us," I mumbled, "She's building up her walls up again."