New Member - J. N.

Y/N's POV

I accidentally set my alarm clock an hour later which made me scamper around the house as I try to get ready. The directors of Henry Danger sent me the script for season 3 of the show and told me they want me to portray the new character.

It's already late and I'm suppose to be at the building in thirty minutes. I fixed myself and grabbed my bag and script before leaving the house. Before heading to the building, I passed by Starbucks to buy coffee.

I patiently waited for my order as I tried to calm down and not freak out in public.

I scanned through my script when suddenly the barista called my name. "Y/N!!" I got up and approached the counter. "Thank you," I smiled at her as I grabbed my drink.

I turn around and shrieked when I bumped into someone. Our drinks crashed and spilled all over each other. I managed to pull my script away so the drinks won't spill all over it.

"I am so sorry," I quickly apologized. I tried to be polite despite almost being late for a show that wants me to star in it.

This day couldn't be any worse.

"It's alright. I wasn't looking where I was going," he replied. He gave me a napkin as I tried to wipe the stain off my shirt. I looked up and my eyes went wide when I saw who I bumped into.

Jace Norman !!!

"Oh my God," I breathed, "You're Jace Norman, I-I'm so sorry."

"It's alright," he looks at me and his eyes also went wide, "You're Y/N L/N, I love your album."

Oh my God!! Jace Norman did not just compliment me! My own celebrity crush just complimented me!

"Thank you. I love your show," I smiled, "Holy cow! I-I don't know if they informed you but I'm suppose to be at the building for a table read."

"Yeah. They told us last night. We can go there together. My mom is giving me a ride," Jace answered, "You can ride with us."

"Is it ok?" I asked, unsure if I should take the offer. "Sure," Jace nods his head.

We quickly ordered a new set of drinks before going to his car. "What took you so long?" his mom asks the moment Jace opened the door for me, "Oh who's this?"

"This is Y/N. She's gonna be a new character in the series, we bumped into each other," Jace explained. "Hello Mrs Norman," I smiled and we shake hands. "Hello dear. We you kids ready to go?" his mom replied.

We nod our heads and we drove to the building.

"What did you feel when they sent you the script?" Jace asked. "I wasn't expecting the script for season 3 on my doorstep. I was about to send the script back because I thought it was a mistake and I don't feel like reading it cause I'll be spoiled," I replied, "But then they sent me a message that they want me to portray the new character."

Jace and I continued talking to each other until we reached the building. We bid goodbye to his mom and walked to the room where they're having a table read.

Everyone cheered when we arrived. "And you kept teasing me about being late," Cooper Barnes said and slapped Jace's head.

"Well everyone this is the new member of the family," Steve said while pointing at me. I smiled at everyone in the room and gave them a small wave, "Hi guys. I'm Y/N," I said.

Everyone introduced themselves and we started reading our scripts. My character is Ray Manchester's daughter and around season 3, she returned to Swellview and met Henry Hart and the other teens.

We spent half the day practicing our lines and actions and for the whole afternoon we started filming.

We had breaks here and there and the rest of the cast spent their time getting to know me. I immediately felt relief that under a span of ten minutes, I was already welcome to their family.

We exchanged numbers and planned to hang out this weekend.

At the end of the day, Jace offered to give me a ride home. I politely declined since I only live about five blocks away from the building. Jace still insists that he'll drive me home and I finally agreed.

Today was one of the most amazing days I've ever had. Not only am I part of a hit tv series, I also met my celebrity crush and I'm gonna work with him!

"How are you liking your first day so far?"  Jace asked while we're waiting for our ride. "It's great! I didn't expect you all to welcome me with open arms," I admitted sheepishly. "Awe you're so cute. Do you know that?" Jace smirks. I blushed at what he said and quickly avoided eye contact.

Jace's car arrived and his older brother is the one driving. "Hey bro! This is Y/N," Jace said as we hopped in the vehicle. "So I've heard. Mom keeps talking about you since she got back," Xander replied and extended his hand for me to shake, "I'm Xander."

"Hi," I replied and also shook his hand.

"I told Jace not to give me a ride since my house is just a few blocks away from here," I said. Jace laughed at what I said.

"It's fine Y/N," Xander replied. It took us a few minutes to reach my house, I bid goodbye to Xander before Jace walked me to my door.

"Well thank you Jace," I smiled. "No problem," Jace nods his head with a smile. I made the first move and wrapped my arms around his torso. I can feel him tense up because of what I did but recovered fast and returned the gesture.

We hugged for a few more seconds before pulling away. "Do wanna grab coffee with me tomorrow before heading to set?" he said.

"Sure! At leat now I know so that I won't spill anything on you," I joked. Jace chuckled at what I said.

"Goodbye Y/N. Welcome to the Danger Team," he smirked. I giggled, "Yeah yeah. Bye Jace," I waved and watched him retreat to the car and they drove away.

I entered my house and greeted my parents. "Hey! How was your first day?" Dad asked.

"Great," I replied and walked to my room. I changed into my pajamas and scrolled through social media when I received a notification from Instagram.

jacenorman like your post

jacenorman started following you

jacenorman tagged you in a post

I opened the post and saw that he already posted the few pictures we took earlier today.

jacenorman: Welcome to the family y/n !! I can't wait to have more adventures with you ☺️

I liked the post and followed him back.

I let out a dreamy sigh before plugging my phone and went to sleep.

-------------