Surprise - J. N.

Y/N's POV

Today is March 21. Jace's birthday.

I smiled as I turn around and felt Jace's grip around my waist tighten. I faced him and brushed my hand through soft hair and kissed his forehead.

"Babe?"

"Hmm", he hummed and opened one eye before smiling at me. "Happy birthday", I greeted. "Yay, I'm old", he jokes while burying his face in the crook of my neck which made me giggle.

"What do you want to do today?", I asked. "Sean and Cooper are taking me out", Jace replied and gave me an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry"

"Don't worry about it", I assured him, "Let's do something when you get back, to celebrate your birthday"

"Sure", he replied.

We laid like that for five to ten minutes before we dragged ourselves out of bed. I tied my hair into a ponytail as we head downstairs to be greeted by his parents making breakfast for Jace. "Happy Birthday son", Mr Norman greeted and hugged his son. "Happy birthday", Mrs Norman added and kissed his cheek. "I made pancakes for you guys", she added.

Henry, Jace's dog came running towards the birthday boy and began licking his face. "Whoa there, Hen", he laughed. I bent down and pet Henry's head and scratch him behind his ears. Henry proceeded to lick my hand as both Jace and I pet the dog in front of us.

We thanked the parents for the food and ate the delicious pancakes before his siblings came running down the stairs. "Hey bro! Happy birthday", Gloria and Xander greeted. "Thanks guys", Jace replied after swallowing the food in his mouth.

"So what are your plans for the day?", Gloria questioned while sitting beside me, Xander sat next to Jace and ate breakfast. Mr and Mrs Norman joined us after a while.

"I'm hanging out with Sean and Cooper today", Jace answered. "How about we have dinner tonight as a family to celebrate your birthday", Xander suggested. The rest of the family agreed. "You should join us Y/N, you're family too", Gloria nudges my shoulder.

"Yeah. Jace would be more happy if you join us tonight", Mr Norman adds. "S-Sure. I'll be there", I smiled.

We chatted for a bit until we finished eating. Gloria and I cleared the dishes. Jace was ready to go by the time the guys arrived. I greeted Cooper and Sean before they took Jace away for some "guys day".

"Ok fam, let's get this house ready!", Mrs Norman announced before barking orders to her husband and children.

Since the beginning of the year, Jace has been telling me that he wants a simple party for his birthday and now I'm planning a surprise for him. I invited the Henry Danger cast and planned a surprise party.

I asked Sean and Cooper to take Jace somewhere so that I can prepare Jace's house. A week ago, I discussed my plan to his family and they love it. They helped me around with Mrs Norman and Gloria making delicious foods and Mr Norman and Xander cleaning the house.

I ordered the cake and helped the family around. In the afternoon Riele, Ella and Michael arrived and later Jace's friends came too. I greeted everyone and they helped around after putting their gifts on the table. My parents also arrived with gifts.

"You put a lot of effort here, girl", Riele teased me. "C'mon, I'm just doing something nice for Jace because this is a special day for him", I replied while preparing the table. "You're the best girlfriend ever, Y/N", Ella adds.

We chatted for a bit before I told Mrs Norman that I'll leave for a bit to pick up the cake that I ordered.

I drove to the bakery, paid for the cake and drove back to Jace's house. I also bought a bunch of cupcakes to add along the dessert since Gloria made brownies.