Failed Date - H.H.

Y/N's POV

To: Babe😘💞
Hey babe! I'm here at the restaurant :)

To: Babe😘💞
Henry? Are you ok? Did something happen?

To: Babe😘💞
Are you still alive?

To: Babe😘💞
Where are you?

To: Babe😘💞
I've been waiting for over an hour now, babe. Where are you?

To: Babe😘💞
Seriously Henry. This isn't funny anymore.

I sighed as I reread all of my unanswered messages before placing my phone on the table. Tonight is going to be the third night Henry blew me off. He missed our first date and told me he'll make it up on our next date. Then on our second date, he got held back at work.

I looked around the fancy restaurant that I'm in and felt jealous when I saw all the happy couple surrounding me. "Uhm miss are you ready to order now?", the waiter asked while giving me an apologetic look.

I sighed. "I'll get a lasagna and cheese cake for dessert"

He nods his head and went to pick up my order. I've been sitting her for two hours and the same waiter keeps coming back every ten minutes to get my order but I insist that I wait for my date.

I checked my phone to see no response from Henry. I felt the tears threatening to come out of my eye but I ignored the pain that's tightening in my chest.

My food arrived a few minutes later and I thanked the waited. He gave me a nod and left me to get back to work.

I ate my food and paid for it, also leaving a few extra cash for the waiter before leaving the restaurant. At this rate, I couldn't even stand another second in there because I can feel the other customers giving me pitiful looks as I ate alone.

I wasted my time on picking a dress and doing my make up and hair. Henry didn't even show up. I grabbed my phone and decided the call Charlotte. She picked up after the first ring.

"Hey Y/N"

"Char... Henry blew me off again"

"What? Oh my God"

"I actually thought he was serious when he asked me to be his girlfriend, that he actually loves me"

"Henry loves you. Maybe something came up that's why he couldn't make it"

"Really? This is our third failed date, Char. Maybe he should check his schedule before planning a date, or at least ask his boss to let him out early"

"He probably has an explanation why this happened", Charlotte reasoned out which made me groan.

"Are you seriously taking his side, Charlotte? Can't you see that this isn't the first time that he blew me off? People in the stupid restaurant were giving me pitiful looks as I waited and ate alone! During the first hour, everyone can clearly see that I was stood up by my date while I waited for him for three hours!!"

"Listen, Y/N--"

"Y'know what? Nevermind. Forget that I even called you", I hissed before ending the call and shoved my phone in my purse again.

I walked home when I suddenly heard the lightning crack and droplets of rain fell on me which grew harder. Great.

"Are you kidding me?", I hissed while looking up to the sky. I took my heels off and held them in my hand as the other held my purse. I can feel my mascara falling down my eyes and destroying my face.