96. Closed

The next day, after a long sleep let me tell you, we made our way through Diagon Ally to do our normal back to school shopping. However, this year was anything but normal. It was as if every other shop was shut down, bordered up. I didn't even know if it was safe for us to be wondering about in public. But I mean, I needed to get my new textbooks because Snape would not excuse the fear of death for not getting one this year.

I lugged my bags around as we walked into my personal favorite shop here. Maybe it was because the shop owner was a bit cute.

I ducked my head down as we walked in, a rogue firework zipping across the room. Kids everywhere were running around with a smile on their faces. This seemed to be the happiest place on the block.

Ginny pulled me and Hermione over to the love potions. I picked one of the pink vials up as I took off the cork and gave it a good sniff. It smelt like... orange's and fireworks... and a bit cider.

"Hello ladies," The twins said as they walked over to us.

"Love potion's, eh?" Fred asked looking at his sister.

"Yeah, they really do work," George said.

"Then again the way we hear it, sis, you're doing just fine on your own," Fred chuckled a bit as Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Meaning?" Ginny asked them.

"Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?" George asked.

"Thats none of your business," Ginny quipped back as she put the vial down.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her.

"I'll tell you later," Ginny whispered to me as she walked off to look at something else.

I put my vial down as I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"I'll tell you what I smell, if you tell me what you smell," George whispered in my ear as his short beard hairs tickled me check.

"Oh, well thats a secret," I smirked as I turned my head to look up at him. "I'm saving that for a special day."

"Today's a special day," George told me.

"How so?" I asked.

"I get to see you," He smiled before he leaned down and gave me a sloppy kiss, causing me to giggle as I pushed his face away.

"Stop it, I don't want your troll slobber all over me," I giggle as George counted his assault on my face.

George pulled back with a smile as he scooped his arms under my thighs, pulling me up fast as I put my hands on his shoulders to keep steady. "Got to make sure all of Hogwarts still knows your mine."

"Excuse me mister, but no man owns Hope Stylinson," I tapped his cheek with my finger.

George rolled his eyes, "Fine, everyone must remember that we still mutually belong to one another."

"Thats better," I smiled at him as I leaned down and gave him a peck on the lips. "I'm going to miss you this year. Who's supposed to bring me on secret dates to the kitchens now?"

"I'm sorry to tell you your secret kitchen dinners are no longer a thing," George pouted. "But I can make you some cheese sandwiches if you want to come over later tonight."

"Might do that, I'm staying at your mum's right now," I told him as he placed me back on the ground.

"What happened?" George raised an eyebrow. "I thought you wanted to stay with your dad as long as you could?"