46. 394

The school was in full lockdown mode now that they knew how easy it was for Sirius Black to enter the grounds. That night he broke in, everyone had to sleep on the floor of the great hall as they searched the grounds for him. Not that anyone had expected him to stick around, he was a smart one that man I'll give him that. But something still wasn't adding up in my brain. How could he have snuck in undetected into our school?

I overheard Professor Dumbdlore and Snape talking that night. Snape mentioned that he had concerns about a teacher here. And as any simple detective could point out, Snape did not like Professor Lupin. I have no clue why, but Snape just gives off the vibe that he doesn't like anyone that gives us children joy.

But never the less, I was prepared to put on my best sleuthing glasses to find out what was going on.

The door to the Defence class shut loudly as we all stopped talking to see Snape walk up to the front. What the fuck was he doing here?

"Turn to page 394," Snape instructed us.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked. It was quite strange as this was the second class that he had missed this term.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape told him. "Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394."

Apparently, Ron, who was sitting next to me, wasn't flipping his pages fast enough as Snape did it for him.

"Werewolves?" Ron read off the page in confusion.

"But, sir, we've just begun learning about Red Caps and hinkypunks," Hermione- who I've just gotten used to showing up out of nowhere- told him. "We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks."

"Quiet," Snape narrowed his eyes a bit at her.

"When did she come in?" Ron asked Harry across the aisle. "Did you see her come in?"

"Now... which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?" Snape just completely ignored Hermione's raised hand as he walked past their desk. "No one? How disappointing."

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal," Hermione said as she prepared to recite the textbook she had probably read a dozen times already. "A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of his own kind."

Draco let out a howl from the other side of the room.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Snape cut his shinanigans off. "That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"He's got a point you know?" Ron whispered, casuing me to elbow him in the gut. "Ow!"

"Five points from Gryffindor," This was nothing new for Snape, as he just generally hated us. "As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf with particular emphasis on recognizing it."

"Sir, its Quiddich tomorrow," Harry pointed out to him.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter," Snape told him. "Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394."

--------------------------------------

I don't think anyone could have predicted how the game would turn out. Not even with all the rain did we think it would go so wrong. Dementors had decided that they too wanted to play the already dangerous sport as they entered onto the pitch and practically attacked Harry. If Dumbledore didn't stop him, he would have been roadkill.