27. The return of Fluffy

I loosened my tie as we made it out of our last final for the day. The bright light of the sun hitting my face casuing me to blink a couple of times. Truly some of the hardest tests I have ever taken over the past couple of days. And even though Hermione put us all on an intense studying schedule, I could not remember half the questions for the life of me.

"I'd always heard Hogwarts end-of-year exams were frightful. But I found that rather enjoyable," Hermione said with a smile as we walked across the courtyard. 

"Speak for your self," Ron said with a sigh. 

"Yeah, I'm still pretty positive I failed the History of Magic one," I said shaking my head at the thought of that test. I mean honestly, what was Professor Bins thinking when he handed them out. I couldn't tell you one class all year we had been able to get through without him falling asleep. 

Harry rubbed his forehead as he let out a hissing sound, like he was in pain.

"Alright there Harry?" Ron asked him. 

"My scar, it keeps burning," Harry told us. 

"Its happened before," Hermione pointed out. 

"Not like this," Harry said as he kept his hand on his scar. I felt bad for him as it seemed to really be bothering him this time. It was just a quick pinch it normally was.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse," I suggested to him as we made out way through the little bridge to Hagrids hut. 

"I think its a warning," Harry said. "It means danger is coming."

"My brother Niall has something like that," I said as they looked over at me. "But it's not for danger, it's more like a general knowledge when food is within a 30-meter radius of him."

"That sounds wicked cool!" Ron said. 

"It is until he eats all your sweats," I said with a sigh as I thought of all the times I had caught Niall sneaking into my room to steal my candies. He was worse than a rat some times. 

Harry stopped as Hargids hut came into view, the soft sounds of a flute playing as he sat on the steps to his house.

"Of course," Harry said as he started to march forward. 

"What is it?" Hermione asked as we followed after him 

"Don't you think its a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a Dragon," Harry explained to us. "And a stranger turns up and so happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before!" 

Harry started to quicken his pace as I ran a bit to catch up with him. It wasn't easy being this short. We stopped as we stood in front of Hagrid, his soft music coming to an end.

"Hagrid, who gave you the dragons egg?" Harry asked him. "What did he look like?"

"I don't know... I never saw he's face, he kept his hood up," Hagrid said. 

"This stranger though, you and he must have talked," Harry said as he tried to get the half-giant to reveal anything to us.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, 'After Fluffy, a dragon's going to be no problem'." Hagrid said with a bit of a laugh.

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Harry asked. 

"Well, of course, he was interested in Fluffy," Hagrid said "How often do you come across a 3-headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said- I said 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him.' Take fluffy, for example. Just play him a bit of music, and he falls straight asleep..."