58. Can you dance

"Look at this!" Hermione slammed down the paper next to me as I tried to enjoy my nice breakfast. "I can't believe it! She's done it again. 'Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow.'"

"Hey, look, you got your first rumor about you. Another accomplishment to add to your wall," I gave her a smile. I quickly whipped it off my face as she narrowed her eyes at me. "Look, 'mione, its nothing. Nobody at Hogwarts with a brain would believe that rubbish. And she will stop once she finds her next piece of fake news to report on."

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley," A young boy ran up to Ron with a great big package in his hands.

"Ah. Thank you, Nigel," Ron took the package as the boy just stood and stared at Harry. "Not now, Nigel. Later." We all kinda gave him a look of, he better explain what that was about, as the boy ran off. "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph."

"Why not mine?" I was a bit offended at this. No, a lot offended. I was a champion as well. People wanted my autograph in the muggle world. What the fuck man, I have a big ego to keep up with.

"Oh, look, Mum's sent me something," Ron pulled the brown paper covering a box as he just ignored me. A look of disgust and horror crossed my face as he pulled out one ugly set of robes. "Mum sent me a dress..."

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry teased him as he looked inside the box. "Aha!"

"Nose down, Harry," Ron pushed his hand down as Harry tried to give him the bonnet. He looked for his sister before he made his way over to her. "Ginny, these must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly," Ginny gave him the same looked I had when I first saw it.

Hermione started to giggle as the confused red-haired boy looked back over at her, "What are you on about?"

"They're not for Ginny. They're for you," Hermione informed him as people around us started to laugh. "Dress robes."

"Dress robes?" Ron looked horrified at the thought. "For what?"

------------------------------

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the- Triwizard Tournament since its inception," McGonagall kept getting cut off as Filch tried to figure out how to work the large record player. Our classes had been changed today as all fourth years and up had to report to their head of house for a special announcement. The girls had sat on one side of the room as the boys sat on the other. "On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And I mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is first and foremost, a dance."

All the girls started to squeal with excitement at the news as the boys let our groans and complaints. But I was with the boys on this one. I thought I escaped silly school dances at this school. I mean, we all know I can't fucking dance for the life of me. Thats not one of the many gifs the Stylinson family was blessed with. The only thing I can remember from when my brothers went to their school dances was awkward pictures, and them coming back home the next morning with killer hangovers. I pray someone smuggles some booze into this.

"Silence!" McGonagall told us. "The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries. I will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons. Now dance is to let the body breathe. Inside every girl, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight." She directed her attention over to us girls, but something caught her attention from the boy's side as she snapped her head back over to look at them. "Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley."